Page 1 of 2
Here you go.
A wall of fcking Grade A Whine.

I don't hate life, but I hate the way my life is going.
I have what people would call friends, but really they mean absolutely nothing to me.
So yes, in technical terms I don't have friends, but colloquially speaking, I do.
I have two things in my life that resemble any sort of good.
1. My family has been supportive all my life, and their basically just good hearted people.
Though I take that for granted because they've been like this all my life and I've never known what it's like to have parents or siblings that don't give a damn about you or treat you like **** constantly.
2. I THINK I look good. Emphasis on the word think, because I've become so desensitized to my ****ing face I'm not too sure about that. No I don't have a picture and will not post one up because I just don't want to, or maybe because I'm ugly, whatever makes you happy.

Anyway, enough about the good stuff, no one really gives a damn about that.
I've been unhappy since I was 12 years old.
Seriously.
I mean, there's always that occasional promise of something good happening, but something ALWAYS goes wrong.
How I am now.
I have a friend who I'm getting really close to, who is most probably attracted to me. However, I am not, in any shape or form attracted to her.
I have a music project going on with a guy who is awesome. However, I am studying overseas so that can't really expand right now.
You might see the complete insignificance in these two things.
But that's the point really.
My life is so empty that these two things stand out.
Another thing is.
Contrast.
See, I had something that I thought was going to change my life.
There was this girl. Beautiful, smart, funny, <insert next cliched positive trait>.
We got along REALLY REALLY well.
We shared the same interests, could talk about anything, etc etc. You know all that **** that happens.
We got really close in the period of a month or so, and we did everything except have sex, but didn't because she was having her period right before I was about to leave to go overseas.
Anyway, basically, she made me happy, something that I hadn't experienced since I hit 12.
Then, **** happened.
And no, nothing bad happened between us, but something happened, and we just couldn't see each other, or talk to each other anymore.

So here I am.
I have nothing.
Nothing that really means anything to me anyway.
I would tell all of this to a friend.
But I have no friends.
All I have is some internet forum.
I'm not looking for comfort, not like anyone on the internet could cheer me up anyway. I just wanted to vent, and people to read this wall of text out of sheer boredom. And maybe, even feel better because their life is going better.
Feel free to insult me

Okay.
If you read all of this, give yourself a pat on the back.
Quote by Horebane

Okay.

I'd rather have my 5 minutes back.

In all seriousness, make a decision to be mentally positive, it will make things seem a whole lot better.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Is your name Glenn by any chance?
Cause you sound REALLY like my mate.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Sounds like you need to stop studying overseas and head back to wherever the fck it is you live, at least you can play in a band and there's always something accomplished in that.
Ahem...Not to sound like an asshole, but come on, man. You're studying overseas. That implies that you are at least intelligent. You just appear to be focusing on the negative things in life. Don't get me wrong, I spent a couple years doing that, but it's over now and I'm a happy fella. Things aren't as bad as they appear. Just look around you and try to make some new friends.
You sound like you're in the perfect mood to write a song. Make it an instrumental. Seriously, try writing out some mini symphony or something. If I didn't have so much damn work to do write now that's exactly what I'd be doing (or trying to do anyway). You learned guitar for a reason, you enjoy it. You don't have any problems between you and this girl but some barrier that keeps you from seeing each other? What? Her parents or something? Or you moved overseas? Just talk on the phone or whatever. You'll feel better. Then write her a song. Even if she doesn't get to here it it'll most likely make you smile to play it.
Quote by metalhead_365
welcome to my world.... literally the only thing that gets me up in the morning is music. yes, its pathetic.....

Me too. It's not pathetic.

TS, u need to listen to Set Your Goals. They're a Pop-Punk band, but don't let that put u off.

I swear to God, seeing that band live...I knew change was ahead...buying their album...the change came.

Seriously. So hopeful and inspirational.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
*pats self on back*

I'll get my coat then, shall I?

Get the fuck over it. Really, I know it's the last thing you want to hear but people have bigger problems than you. And another thing, you'll get over it. Pinpoint the things in your life that have made you feel like this and fix them. Simple as. Make as many friends as possible and then only spend time with the ones you love and trust. I can tell you, that works, it gives you an extremely positive outlook. Also, stop intentionally trying to be a drama queen and elevating your problems to a status they don't deserve.

If you read all that, give yourself a--- oh wait, no, shut up and stop whining. Then do everything in the above paragraph. Once you've done that, then you can give yourself a pat on the back.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Last edited by break-me-in at Apr 7, 2008,
Quote by guitarist41

TS, u need to listen to Set Your Goals. They're a Pop-Punk band, but don't let that put u off.

I swear to God, seeing that band live...I knew change was ahead...buying their album...the change came.

Seriously. So hopeful and inspirational.

As helpful as you're trying to be, everyone is different, and most people won't find Set Your Goals to be life-changingly good.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Horebane
Then, **** happened.
And no, nothing bad happened between us, but something happened, and we just couldn't see each other, or talk to each other anymore.

And you also live overseas? Alcatraz much?

And do what the guy who suggested writing songs says, it'll do you good and gives you a moment to think about your life. By the way, try to do the things you do like doing more. Like, go to more concerts or meet some new people, people you do care about.
The first person who'd made me happy for 4 years cheated on me.
Get over it, mate.

The Black Dahlia Murder + Carling + weed = happy chappy.
Suck it up, soldier.

EDIT: Or bulk up and go mess up a scene kid.
R E G G A E
Quote by break-me-in
As helpful as you're trying to be, everyone is different, and most people won't find Set Your Goals to be life-changingly good.

Well, ahduuuuuuhhhhh.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by TheDarkestNights

The Black Dahlia Murder + Carling + weed = happy chappy.
Suck it up, soldier.

EDIT: Or bulk up and go mess up a scene kid.

-1 on the weed, loser.

+1 on the scene kid.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Whatever you're going trough you should realise theres always someone that has it worse than you You should be happy you're completely healthy etc...

If you're unhappy with the people you call your friends, find new friends.
And one day you'll meet another girl, so don't worry about that either...

Life's a bitch sometimes, get over it.
Quote by guitarist41
Well, ahduuuuuuhhhhh.

Well if you really think that then why did you post it in the first place?

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
Well if you really think that then why did you post it in the first place?

Worked for me, could work for someone else. Logic.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Meh, whenever I get stressed I play IRS by Guns N' Roses.

Well, I try.

Bumblefoot's solo kicks my ass.

;_;
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by guitarist41
Worked for me, could work for someone else. Logic.

But you just acknowledged that-
Oh nevermind.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by guitarist41
-1 on the weed, loser.

+1 on the scene kid.

Wait, so everyone who smokes or has ever smoked weed is a loser?

You're playing the wrong instrument kid, go learn the trombone.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Horebane
Here you go.
A wall of fcking Grade A Whine.

I don't hate life, but I hate the way my life is going.
I have what people would call friends, but really they mean absolutely nothing to me.
So yes, in technical terms I don't have friends, but colloquially speaking, I do.
I have two things in my life that resemble any sort of good.
1. My family has been supportive all my life, and their basically just good hearted people.
Though I take that for granted because they've been like this all my life and I've never known what it's like to have parents or siblings that don't give a damn about you or treat you like **** constantly.
2. I THINK I look good. Emphasis on the word think, because I've become so desensitized to my ****ing face I'm not too sure about that. No I don't have a picture and will not post one up because I just don't want to, or maybe because I'm ugly, whatever makes you happy.

Anyway, enough about the good stuff, no one really gives a damn about that.
I've been unhappy since I was 12 years old.
Seriously.
I mean, there's always that occasional promise of something good happening, but something ALWAYS goes wrong.
How I am now.
I have a friend who I'm getting really close to, who is most probably attracted to me. However, I am not, in any shape or form attracted to her.
I have a music project going on with a guy who is awesome. However, I am studying overseas so that can't really expand right now.
You might see the complete insignificance in these two things.
But that's the point really.
My life is so empty that these two things stand out.
Another thing is.
Contrast.
See, I had something that I thought was going to change my life.
There was this girl. Beautiful, smart, funny, <insert next cliched positive trait>.
We got along REALLY REALLY well.
We shared the same interests, could talk about anything, etc etc. You know all that **** that happens.
We got really close in the period of a month or so, and we did everything except have sex, but didn't because she was having her period right before I was about to leave to go overseas.
Anyway, basically, she made me happy, something that I hadn't experienced since I hit 12.
Then, **** happened.

So here I am.
I have nothing.
Nothing that really means anything to me anyway.
I would tell all of this to a friend.
But I have no friends.
All I have is some internet forum.
I'm not looking for comfort, not like anyone on the internet could cheer me up anyway. I just wanted to vent, and people to read this wall of text out of sheer boredom. And maybe, even feel better because their life is going better.
Feel free to insult me

Okay.

Oh god I'ts like you're my internet doppelgänger.
Seriously all of those things apply to me almost word for word. Every single one.

Life's a bitch eh? I wish I could buy you a beer.
TS, I think you should become an exchange student with a kid from Africa.

See how bad your troubles are then.

Seriously, get over it, you don't "have nothing". You're very fortunate, you have a family, friends.

Some people would give anything for that.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz

ಠ_ಠ

I'm pretty surprised that I didn't get any pointless replies.

I do realize in contrast to the majority of the world's population I have a lot more going for me, and only by chance. To the person above, yes you are right, I shouldn't have typed that, I do have many things that many people would kill for.

However, irregardless of everything else, I am still unhappy, and like I mentioned earlier, I really just wanted a place to get it off my chest and for people to see it, not because I wanted pity or some form of comfort. Thank you to everyone who replied seeing as you all actually tried to help.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']TS, I think you should become an exchange student with a kid from Africa.

See how bad your troubles are then.

Seriously, get over it, you don't "have nothing". You're very fortunate, you have a family, friends.

Some people would give anything for that.

You people are too hard on this guy. It's not like you didn't know what you'd get when you clicked the thread.

Please don't use the africa-guilt-trip-thing its so... cheesy. The best things in life you probably won't know you had until they're gone. Just thinking you're some kid in africa won't change your outlook.

Example: I have a friend who's actually from africa, visits there often and knows exactly what it's like there from first hand experience. He still complains about the same everyday things as this guy or everyone else. Problems are relative too.

So get off your high horse, you're not that happy.

Although I do agree, complaining on the internet is a bit lame.

African kids are dying.

Cut your fucking whining.
Oh god not again. *facepalm*
Last edited by MankiiKing at Apr 7, 2008,
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Wait, so everyone who smokes or has ever smoked weed is a loser?

You're playing the wrong instrument kid, go learn the trombone.

R E G G A E
Here's To Life - Streetlight Manifesto

An absolute epic song about people who had it all (van gogh, hemmingway, salinger), and stillw eren't happy and ended up committing suicide. You should relate to it, but it's a really good "get up and dust yourself down" kinda song.

Sorry about your position.
Quote by Adam_Harrison9
Here's To Life - Streetlight Manifesto

An absolute epic song about people who had it all (van gogh, hemmingway, salinger), and stillw eren't happy and ended up committing suicide. You should relate to it, but it's a really good "get up and dust yourself down" kinda song.

Sorry about your position.

Well, so are most of Streetlight's songs to be honest. I think Somewhere in the between is an extremely good song to cheer yourself up with.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
African kids are dying.

Cut your fucking whining.
My Spanish Hearts
This thread needs a big loving hug

*hugs thread*

Be positive people! Look for the good things and you will find them
Looks like another modern day Antoine Roquentin.

I think everyone hit's a stage like this at some point in their lives, although some seem to find it harder than other to get out of. If I'm honest, I sometimes wonder about similar things (friends who aren't really friends, lost love blah blah...) but I tend to be more cynical and just say '**** it'. I don't believe my life has any real meaning but I try to enjoy it all the same and the people around me and the things I do make it better. Maybe you're in a rut, try something new and see if it adds some form of enjoyment to your life, just don't try to find meaning to your life because, chances are, you won't. I don't say that to be offensive, it's just I'm extremely misanthropic and believe that none of us have any 'true' purpose, but whose to say that means we shouldn't enjoy life?

So yeah, chin up, live for today and also try to appreciate what you already have etc. etc.
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Laney GH50L - Laney GS212IE
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
Last edited by Sir Daniel at Apr 7, 2008,
We seem to be stuck on the same ship

For me, writing poetry helps a lot.

And after a while, I look back on my old poetry and laugh and read it with the proper caesuras and emphasis.

I think it really helps.
hue
Quote by Horebane

Feel free to insult me

My friend, that takes balls to say that on here. Your life may not be good, but you have mighty balls of steel. Remember that.
TRANSFORMICE

Page 1 of 2