I went to Best Buy because they have the new Epiphone Slash. They had a board advertising to come check it out, so I asked to play it, and they said no. They said nobody can touch it unless they buy it since it is a limited model. Kind of lame.

It makes sense, but who would buy something that they can't play first?
High as tits
A Slash fanboy.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
hey, you posted this in the pit too
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by Suicidal_Brick
I went to Best Buy because they have the new Epiphone Slash. They had a board advertising to come check it out, so I asked to play it, and they said no. They said nobody can touch it unless they buy it since it is a limited model. Kind of lame.

It makes sense, but who would buy something that they can't play first?

So you can;t try before you buy? Kinda sucks in my opinion - Great way around been sold a bad deal as well, but then again, as Lemmy said 'Good business is theft'
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
I'd just say, "that's cool, I want one, so I'll just go down to the guitar store and get it, because they will let me try it first".
I saw the Slash Les Paul standard in a display case at GC the other day and I have to admit, it is a really good looking ax.
There are guitars in guitar shops to try. Thats teh ****ing point of having guitars in the shop.

I'd have bitched at the clerk and asked to see the manager. Assuming I was actually considering buying it. If I was just like "lol I wants to try it for sh*ts and giggles" then I wouldn't bother stiring ****, but honestly, that is some BS!
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
they sell guitars at best buy?
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
What did you expect?
You're buying a guitar at an electronics store.
It's not Guitar Center.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
And this is why they probably won't be selling them for very long.

They have an electronic's retail store mindset, not a music store's. Their corporate big wigs are just trying to ride the wave of the music game craze and basically lept without really looking. If they were looking, they forgot their glasses.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Ichimaru
A Slash fanboy.

No. I like the Epiphone model since it has the color I want, pick-ups I want, and is of better quality than the production model standard.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
What did you expect?
You're buying a guitar at an electronics store.
It's not Guitar Center.

It's got a music section with separate employees. The people at Best Buy are smarter than the employees at my local Guitar Center.

I was looking into buying it, but I guess not.
High as tits
Guitars at best buy ...... Wow.....

Now there are gonna be even more guitar hero players that think they can play real guitar.
Well, I don't know how much they cost in America, but in Australia, instead of paying the AU$1800 pricetag, your probably better of getting a AU$700-800 epi les paul standard plus top, and spend about an extra $200-300 and go buy some seymour duncan alnico pro II's.
Once again, only three Best Buys in California have the music section, and they have a large array of products.
High as tits
i got the same rejection cose i asked to play a js1000 i was actually considering buy it

so i just left, stupid staff
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
My friend bought a guitar at best buy, i tried to tell him to go to guitar center since he was already there but he didn't listen

He ended up getting a starcaster.
That sucks because they have Standards, Americans, 60's series, 50's series, 60 reissues, etc. Don't blame Best Buy for your friends stupidity .
High as tits
How about you dont guitar shop/browse at fricken' best buy.
And we will send you to whatever God you wish...
Quote by Aftertime
i got the same rejection cose i asked to play a js1000 i was actually considering buy it

so i just left, stupid staff

I have one and I love it. Buy it.
I go to Best Buy because it's 12 minutes away, while guitar center is about 35 minutes away, and they don't have more stuff than Best Buy. Guitar Center has Schecter and PRS, but other than that, they have the same inventory, so I don't want to drive an extra fifteen minutes to see some guitars that I am not interested in.
High as tits
I am actually considering the Standard after reading more about it, my problem is, I just bought a new Squire Tele and have an American tele on order that should be here in about a month. My wife would kill me.
I've never owned an Epiphone but I have a Gibson LP and LOVE it, anyone think the Standard is worth the $1,000+ more? Or is the Epiphone good?
Quote by The Jomo
I am actually considering the Standard after reading more about it, my problem is, I just bought a new Squire Tele and have an American tele on order that should be here in about a month. My wife would kill me.
I've never owned an Epiphone but I have a Gibson LP and LOVE it, anyone think the Standard is worth the $1,000+ more? Or is the Epiphone good?

I'm sure its a solid guitar but I wouldn't pay over a grand for an Epi.