ok what would you think would go over in a music pub that plays bands every weekend, the crowd ranges from college kids to emo kids to old cool hippies....
Our styles are like Days of the New/A.I.C style acoustic rock and something like Kyuss.... think Tool mixed with The Allman Brothers with B.L.S.) I play lead guitar, but I will be playing drums if we do the electric band. Have a fantastic singer that can sound anywhere from days of the new to neil young. I've been playing lead for quite some time and am the better guitar player, but he is definately good. I am alright on drums and am getting better everyday.

The main concern is that we might be opening for something like Devon Allman and stuff like that, and we want to get our name out up north in the city (we live in the sticks). I want to be able to win the crowd and at least have a few people tell us "awesome show"... What would you think would go over better?

BTW - It will just be 2 of us playing if acoustic (rythym, vox, lead), and of course adding a bass player for electric but only one guitar....

thanks
Rig:

Fender Celtic Showmaster (Dimazrio PU)
Epiphone SG Goth
Fender MIM Strat (Noiseless PU)
Crate Powerblock
Epiphone Triggerman Cab
Digitech RP200, Death Metal, Dunlop Wah

"The lyrics to Gardenia..."
Last edited by Anomie at Apr 7, 2008,
What does the usual weekend crowd like to hear at that pub? Who gets the best response? Have you been able to research the bands and audience there?

I'm a big proponent of expressing yourself truly (not just trying to please everyone), but also knowing your target audience as well as you know your best friend, so that you can prsent yourself to them in a way that they love.
Yeah, I figure we could start with our harder stuff and then get the acoustics out for the last few songs. We might have a drummer so I can get back on my SG...
Rig:

Fender Celtic Showmaster (Dimazrio PU)
Epiphone SG Goth
Fender MIM Strat (Noiseless PU)
Crate Powerblock
Epiphone Triggerman Cab
Digitech RP200, Death Metal, Dunlop Wah

"The lyrics to Gardenia..."