At the moment i am using a nvidia geforce 7500 LE, is it worth upgrading to the nvidia geforce 8400? haha i don't know **** about this stuff
Do you need to upgrade? What's making you think you may want/need to? And what are the rest of the specs of your computer?
depends wot u want 2 use it for, n how demanding ur games r as 2 how much difference it will make, as well as what the rest of ur pc is.

i play games alrite on a 6600
tl;dr : IM BETTER THAN YOU
Quote by Denthúl
Do you need to upgrade? What's making you think you may want/need to? And what are the rest of the specs of your computer?

Because I cant play all my games well they sometimes have to go on the lower grapgic settings, on the vista the base score for the graphics is 3.1 and all the rest is around 5 or higher
Quote by MR.METALLICA
Because I cant play all my games well they sometimes have to go on the lower grapgic settings, on the vista the base score for the graphics is 3.1 and all the rest is around 5 or higher

what games?

what are the rest of ur pc specs?
tl;dr : IM BETTER THAN YOU
Why is it that in every thread someone wants to buy something, someone needs to convince them they don't want to buy it?
Hmm. You should be able to run games decently with that spec, but if you feel you need to upgrade, then by all means do so. Part of the reason will be that Vista is quite the resource hog, so will be stealing up large amounts of your RAM constantly. If the game recommends 1.5Gb + then yeah, you'll probably experience some problems, because your graphics card may want to use some system RAM as well as its own.

Just as a point, I have an 8500 GT which is pretty good and didn't cost all that much.
Last edited by Denthúl at Apr 7, 2008,
ive got a geforce 6800....

and i havent got vista either, so i cant run NFS pro street. or splinter cell DA....

i hate my pc spec
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
the thing is my graphics aint very good so i just want something a little better im lot looking for a huge upgrade, i can rust most games i just to rum some a little better
I have a Nvidia GeForce4

Quote by Dirtydeeds468

BUT DUDE! THAT'S MY OPINION! JUST LIKE PEOPLE HAVE OPINIONS THAT ALL BLACK PEOPLE ARE CRIMINALS! IT JUST CAN'T BE CHALLENGED BECAUSE IT'S YOUR OPINION!

WHEEEEEEEE.

Heja Sverige!
I has a question. I'm an avid BF2 player, but it gets pretty choppy on bigger maps, and I have to run it with the graphics pretty much all on low. I currently have a ATI 9200, which actually doesn't even support the game (I tweaked it a little). I want to get a 256 MB card with a good chipset. I found one on Newegg for $20.

Is it a bad move to buy it? I don't really need anything too great; stepping up from 128 MB would be a good enough improvement. It might even stop all of my games from crashing constantly (I have either a virus that has survived multiple reformats or I have hardware incompatibility).
We're only strays.
also how do i install the new one because im not sure if my current one is built into the system because it came with the pc.
Quote by MR.METALLICA
1440 by 900

man thats one big screen u got there...

i run at 1280x1024...maximum!
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
You need to work out if you have a PCIE or AGP port before you can buy one. All of them are easy as hell to install. Just goes in above the PCI slots.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
8800 series like everyone else said, thats what i have (8800 gts 512) and i can run crysis on high settings (i also have a quad core @2.4 ghz w/ 3 gigs of ram so im sure that helps too )

8800 series will give you the best bang for your buck, from what i understand they're as good as if not better than the low end 9 series (9600 etc) and the 9800 series only gets a LOT better than the 8800 once you run 2 or more (SLI) individually the 9800 series only beats out an 8800 marginally.
I love my 8600.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein