I just got my brand new Orange 212 cab

But I look at the back and see that it has two sockets to plug into. My ValveKing only has one EXT. Cab out, so what do I do?
plug in one of them.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
I know those cabs, I'm pretty sure you can run it in stereo.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Quote by the.spine.surfs
They're either In and Out, or Left (mono) and Right. Plug into In or Mono.

They're not labeled at all. All it says is 16 Ohms, 120 Watts RMS.

EDIT: Just realised how stupid I am lol. Do you mean the left hand one (if you're looking at the front of the cab)?
Does that mean that both the speakers will work if I plug in either one? I e-mailed Orange, I think it's a bit stupid of them not to label their jacks.
No, no, they're probably 8 ohm speakers, wired in series. Both speakers will work with either jack. Check that link in my previous post.
I did see the circuit board, I just want to make sure lol. I paid £400 for this cab, so: I can plug in either jack and it will work, with both speakers?

EDIT: And it will be 16 Ohms?
Quote by the.spine.surfs
I think your Valveking is on the fritz, mate. Is it still under warranty?

I don't know if the warranty covers replacing the speaker, otherwise I would definitley send it back. I've had it approximately a year.
Last edited by bartdevil_metal at Apr 7, 2008,
The problem is, I don't know what's wrong with it. It worked fine with the stock speaker, and it even worked when I accidentally mismatched the speaker that I replaced it with. I then go and plug it into a 16 Ohm cab that it's designed to be used with and it blows a fuse. Would tubes breaking blow a fuse?
I feel that you might have some OT damage from the long-term speaker mismatch. Possibbly power tube damage. Hard to say.
Quote by bartdevil_metal
The problem is, I don't know what's wrong with it. It worked fine with the stock speaker, and it even worked when I accidentally mismatched the speaker that I replaced it with. I then go and plug it into a 16 Ohm cab that it's designed to be used with and it blows a fuse. Would tubes breaking blow a fuse?

its really not a great idea trying all these random things out yourself without at least knowing something beforehand....
Quote by davedoom
its really not a great idea trying all these random things out yourself without at least knowing something beforehand....

Note the word ACCIDENTALLY. I didn't deliberatley mismatch the speaker, and as soon as I found out, I e-mailed Peavey about it. The guy said that it would run hotter and that there would be slightly more tube wear (he also said there would be less headroom). I thought great, the amp's too loud to practise at home anyway. Then I thought, If I have a gig the amp's gonna be louder (and hotter) and the amp might blow up. So I bought an EXT. cab of the correct ohmage to use for gigs primarily. Then as I'm trying out te cab after I got it home, the amp blows a fuse. Please tell me what I should have done.