I was wondering if going to download 08 would be recommended.

I've heard some of the bands that are playing and i just want to go so bad.

First of all: where is download festival situated in the uk?

and second of all: how much would the tickets cost approximately?

Thanks
SEX!

Now I have your attention, witness the awesomeness that is my sig

Quote by GuitarManDan15
win

Free Dean V To Loving Home
It's in Donnington.
£150
Most of the bands this year a crap.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
It depends on whether or not you like festivals, I guess. I don't know how much tickets are, but Download is in Donnington.
tickets depend on if you wonna go for a day or the whole gig. And it is situated at Donnington Park.
Quote by oh... THAT guy
Donington (I think) and tickets are about £150.

this guy speaks the truth

gonna be prety good, even if the headliners arent..really that good
DOWNLOAD THIS YEAR IS CRAP!!!!!!!! except for alter bridge, in flames and disturbed. YOU'D BE BETTER GOING TO LEEDS OR READING!!!!! unfortunately, theyve sold out already...and i so wanted to go and see Metallica and Slipknot...
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
ok ive never heard of donnington and wtf? £150? didnt think they'd be that much.. i'm disheartened. Forget that.

Cheers ppl hats off to you all
SEX!

Now I have your attention, witness the awesomeness that is my sig

Quote by GuitarManDan15
win

Free Dean V To Loving Home
Leeds is where its at. Metallica's there, enough said.

Even if Coheed are at Download, wouldn't mind seeing In Flames and CoB though.

Still, Metallica, Slipknot, THE D!!!! gunna be awesome

Get on Ebay now
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
Quote by last-1s-out
Leeds is where its at. Metallica's there, enough said.

God damn mate, you honestly mention Metallica and not RATM for a reason to go to Leeds?

craziness!
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by DigUpHerBones
God damn mate, you honestly mention Metallica and not RATM for a reason to go to Leeds?

craziness!

not the biggest RaTM fan in the world, but they're proberly the main reason it sold out so quickly.

I prefer Metallica tho soo
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
Quote by last-1s-out
not the biggest RaTM fan in the world, but they're proberly the main reason it sold out so quickly.

I prefer Metallica tho soo

Even their new stuff?
Anyways, your taste.

I love RATM and hope to hell there's a chance of me having money for when the second release of tickets comes.
Was going to but Lostprophets headlining? **** that. Motorhead and Judas Priest are cool though.
download does indeed suck balls this year, I for one am boycotting it. Shame as it's just such a cool place to be otherwise.

And it's in derbyshire way
Trust me go reading or leeds for the day and see rage or metallica.
Quote by Hoodoo Child
DOWNLOAD THIS YEAR IS CRAP!!!!!!!! except for alter bridge, in flames and disturbed. YOU'D BE BETTER GOING TO LEEDS OR READING!!!!! unfortunately, theyve sold out already...and i so wanted to go and see Metallica and Slipknot...

Who are you to say that the TS is better off going to another festival? Maybe he, god forbid, LIKES THE BANDS THAT ARE CONFIRMED FOR DOWNLOAD?
I've been to Download and it is a terrible festival... it usually managed to get a really good lineup, but the actual grounds, festival and atmosphere are rubbish. I hated it, and I'm a big festival goer!
The headliners this year are hilarious, you can tell they put all their effort into getting Rage and lost out. The general lineup looks alright though.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by Tom Martin
I've been to Download and it is a terrible festival... it usually managed to get a really good lineup, but the actual grounds, festival and atmosphere are rubbish. I hated it, and I'm a big festival goer!

Really? I thought the atmosphere was great, especially on the campsite. On more than one occassion have me and my Download going friends have made impromptu band sessions with neighbouring campers using crappy acoustic guitars and pots for drums. Much fun, and always have a great time.
Less than a month to go until I'm there now!
No, Download does not suck this year. And reading isn't better than Download.
(I'm going to both...)