I have an ESP LTD F-250, and I cant find where I do the push pull coil tap. I tried pulling the tone knob up, and the knob came completely off the guitar. I tried it with volume too, and the same thing happened. Where is it and how can I do the push pull coil tap? Thankyou
CLICK ME shred on
SPEED = POWER
!THRASH METAL REVOULTION!
Should be a simple push/pull on the tone control. Where did you get the guitar?
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
what the hell is push pull coil tap?
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Should be the tone control.

Again, is the guitar second hand?
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
arent they buttons? As in you push the top of one to turn it on or off. or single to humbucker.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Nope. Thats Fender's new ish.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
I bought it first hand off musicians friend less than a year ago, and recently I've realized that on the site, it says it has a coil tap function. However, as I said, I can pull the tone know off the guitar without it changing the tone. Am I doing it wrong?
CLICK ME shred on
SPEED = POWER
!THRASH METAL REVOULTION!
No, if it has coil-tap usually it takes just a gentle nudge to pop the knob up and down...hmmm
I know that on some guitars you have to turn the tone nobe to 0 then it taps whatever pup the knob is for.

Quote by jm1681
Nope. Thats Fender's new ish.

Thats not a coil tap, but rather the opposite as it gives you 3 pickups instead of two on each position, and doesn't tap anything.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
It's probably an older model that you have.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by LightningRider

Thats not a coil tap, but rather the opposite as it gives you 3 pickups instead of two on each position, and doesn't tap anything.

well, your right its a split, but it doesnt give it three pups per position. well that is, at least on the SSH it doesnt. I cant speak for the SSS.

erm, they may have updated the guitar, double check.

if not there are two possibilities:

1: the selector is stuck

2: you are looking at the wrong guitar

3: (most likely) musicians friend screwed up the description. Check ESP's website
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by skydemon666
I have an ESP LTD F-250, and I cant find where I do the push pull coil tap. I tried pulling the tone knob up, and the knob came completely off the guitar. I tried it with volume too, and the same thing happened. Where is it and how can I do the push pull coil tap? Thankyou

return it?
^^No, I have an HSS Fender Strat and the manual shows the diagram that if you have it selected at neck+mid let's say, with S-1 on, you will be using neck+mid+FIRST single coil in the humbucker, not both.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
The ESP website says it's a push-pull on the tone control...
SX Stratocaster
Fina Acoustic
J&D Telecaster
Yamaha ERB 300 (Bass)

Digitech Bad Monkey
VisualSound H2O
Ibanez TL5
Boss DS-1
Vox V847

Kustom Dart 10FX
Laney RB1
Quote by FLUX_
Maybe it's all ready in the up position, try pushing it down?

ESP have manuals for all the guitars they produce, check it out and see if it helps.
If you bought it second hand chances are the person that sold it got the pots replaced and forgot/didn't put a coil tap back in.

Open the back and check, there's a picture above my post somewhere too.
Quote by LightningRider
Yes, I know, hence the term "ish".

"Ish" can refer to anything pertaining to the original topic of discussion or any question posed during the discussion of the original topic.

Therefore, the push button switching stratele referred is indeed Fender's new ish
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头