Page 1 of 6
for me
helloween
metallica(dnt knw but it sounds very wannabe)
dragonforce
amorphis
angel witch
balance of power
psycroptic(good band bad name)
trivium(bad band bad name)

now wht all acorrding to you
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
You seem like an immense faggot, made of fail.

Am I right?

+1, actually even more than that, i'm thinking of bowing down to you right now just for giving such a perfect answer
High on Fire (GREAT band)
Megadeth (GREAT band)
Alter Bridge (metal enough, i guess)
Alestorm (Battleheart was so much better)
Baroness, Priestess, etc (bearded dudes calling themselves women =/= metal)
Children of Bodom (children =/= metal)
Death Breath (intentionally)
Pig Destroyer ("but we were talking about cops!" Yeah, whatever, VEGAN)
Viking Skull.
Kickass band, godawful name. They're from Corby for gods sake.
ABBA
Paracoccidioidomicosisproctitissarcomucosis, ...Aaaarrghh..., F.U.C.Kings, Five Characters in Search of an Exit, **** **** Up, ****... I'm Dead, **** U All, **** Off, **** Off and Die!
Basically, any band with "****" in their name.
Last edited by Pingis_Or_Death at Apr 7, 2008,
Quote by AAAAAAAAAARGH
You seem like an immense faggot, made of fail.

Am I right?

I like you.
RULE BRITANNIA
stop this "fail" business.................its no longer original nor funny.

BTW i'd like to add Bowling for soup
Still awaiting his invitation to the coalition of intelligent pit users....

How many kids with ADD does it take to change a lightbulb?

Lets go ride our bikes
Last edited by paul_brownell at Apr 7, 2008,
Death.

I absolutely love the band to bits, but it's a pretty pathetic name. If someone were to ask what I was listening to, I'd be embarrassed to say "Death".

Same goes for Deströyer 666. What a terrible name...but what a great band.
Why don't we make another Worst thread?

Worst Dumbasses' names:
Tarentula
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Metallica sounds wannabe... tsk...
Quote by Kensai
IF YOU TYPE WITH BIG LETTERS YOUR POINT WILL COME ACROSS EASIER!

Seriously wtf was that?
Cattle Decapitation
Black Dahlia Murder
The Red Chord

I hear people classify them as metal. I personally cant stand any of them either
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Quote by whirleygig
Death.

I absolutely love the band to bits, but it's a pretty pathetic name. If someone were to ask what I was listening to, I'd be embarrassed to say "Death".

+1
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
Quote by rebeltildeth87
Cattle Decapitation
Black Dahlia Murder
The Red Chord

I hear people classify them as metal. I personally cant stand any of them either

Cattle decapitation are grind or deathgrind. TBDM are melodic death, gore lyrics, riffs like old thrash bands, blastbeats. The red chord are death/grind/hardcore/awesome. The black dahlia is a decent name, famous murder, sounds cool when trevor growls it. The red chord means a slit throat, its from some play or opera, and i like it. Worst is probably like parrackjsdfhjsbdkfvkagvskfgvsajdfjasvdkfhjbsdf... that band from mexico. Or maybe dragonforce, just because it sounds like it was made by a 5 year old.
Quote by Anooplol
lol I forgot about the worst one of them all ... job for a cowboy *throws up*

+1 that name is ****, so is the band.
Gear
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Ibanez RGA7
Washburn KC-40V
Fender Mexican Strat
Axe FX 2
Peavey 6505
Laney 4x12 (V30's)
Samson PB10 Pro
TC Electronics G Major 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer 362
Korg DTR-2000
Ibanez Tubescreamer
Quote by whirleygig
Death.

**** you for questioning Death. This thread fails.
Valient Thorr...

I can't even remember what they play, I just remember that horrid name.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
deat angel(cheasy), napalm death (SUPER cheasy), rhapsody of fire(super DUPER... do i even need to carry on?)

and to top it all off, le creme de la creme: can i get a drum roll please? (drum roll) DEATH LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!
Goatwh*re is a pretty odd name for a band. But at least the music is good.

Destroyer 666 and Graveworm are up there too.
My Dying Bride is loads worse than 99.7% of band names mentioned so far. Love the band, hate the emo name.

Also, the generic names trying to make the band sound brutal such as: Gorefest, Brutality, etc. Dissuades me from giving the band a proper listening to because I imagine what was going through their minds when they decided what to name their band.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Any of those Retarded Deathcore bands usually containing 4-5 words in their name.

And Sergeant Leatherlord.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Valient Thorr...

I can't even remember what they play, I just remember that horrid name.

Rock, and lol
Luciferium.
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
no contest, at all: I **** On Your Face. seriously, WTF were they thinking?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Not really metal but Five Finger Death Punch is quite possibly the stupidest name i've ever heard.
Facebook.com/Notafluke
Quote by whirleygig
Death.

Same goes for Deströyer 666. What a terrible name...but what a great band.

lol, when i say i listning to death, people go "HUH? JUST death?? bnd name just death???"

lol they are immensly confused

but who cares its about the music, not the band name
Oh, and a cheesy name is Elvenking. Good band, hilarious name, Dethklok is pretty...err, dumb. Decent band, stupid name.

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
To anyone that says Death, you think you'd feel cool to say it. Whenever I say it I growl it at people.
bree bree look how fucking metal i am
Quote by rush4life
Dethklok was at least intentionally funny though.

Yeah, and since I saw your name, Rush is a pretty...vague name. It doesn't really explain anything about the band, you could be in any band from pop to thrash named Rush.

Quote by eggsandham2
Sunnn 0)))))))))))) or however it's spelled...love their music, just think it's dumb to be named after speakers. Seems to corporate and like their a big advertising gimmick
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Yeah, and since I saw your name, Rush is a pretty...vague name. It doesn't really explain anything about the band, you could be in any band from pop to thrash named Rush.

Quote by Wikipedia
It was Rutsey's older brother who suggested the name Rush immediately before the band's first gig at The Coff-In, a local coffee shop in the basement of an old Anglican church. This was a play on words alluding to the frantic scrambling of the band members as they tried to come up with a title.

Not a very well thought name at all, actually