so i started playing around with a recording program i got and started making a song and wondered what UG thinks of it i tried to make a metallica sound and think its turned out rather well so far, will C4C if you want

EDIT: the zip is too big to be attached and i cant upload it to UG.....GAH!!!!

DOUBLE EDIT!!:
http://www.purevolume.com/matt616

triple edit.....: ive uploaded a new version of it, a bit longer and theres 2 song for some reason, the 1st one doesnt work.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Last edited by metallicafan616 at Apr 8, 2008,
i just searched for places to upload in riffs and recordings forum :P

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
ill give it a listen

great clean acoustic section here at the start. good job with panning and effects. bit of a choppy transition into the heavier section and some clipping. i would take out all the panning after the intro.
a good chugging rhythm, but a very muddy tone from the rhythm guitar i would recommend lowering whatever effects like reverb or delay you may have on it, and turn up the treble. if you are using a microphone to record experiment with different positions. my amp changes its tone dependant on where you are located.
the bends at the start of the solo sound a little weird. are you playing ona guitar with a floyd rose? it sounds like you might not be properly compenating for the loss of relativer string tension. some intense stuff after that! thiss is just a preview of the song so it doesnt really matter, but i would recommend doing at least 5 more takes of the lead, then picking the best one, it will probably get better as you do it more often. this holds for improvisation as well as prepared solos.
some pretty cool stuuf in here, very metallica vibey at the start, with more technical death style sounding soloing.

check mine out? improvised metal solo https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=830064
thanks!
Intro is cool, whole first section.

The part after a minute or so is a bit odd. The heavy riff is too far back and muddy. (just a mixing issue, maybe)

The lead is too digital sounding. The long sustaining notes without any definition or treble just don't do it for me. I would re-record it with a raspier sound and add some treble on the EQ.

After 2 minutes when the rhythm just carries on, same thing... to far back and muddy. It's some cool playing, though. I like the riffs.

Thanks for the crit on mine. Keep up the work on this one!
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music