well i really adore my js1000 but the trem just keeps pissing me off. its alright but tuning is a bitch and the knife edges constantly wear down at staggering speeds. im now bored of this as you may have guessed. my plan is to get an original floyd rose and replace my trem with it. good or bad idea? also, is this something i could do myself (first time but im fairly handy ) or get a luthier to do it? im fairly sure my current trem is a lo-pro from 2004 but it could be an edge pro.
thanks in advance
hey again lube buddy:P yeh i dont like the ibanez attemps at floyd rose i always thing the originals are the best but tbh i cant tell what could be causing the problem so go get a proffesional to tell you what to do. maybe try some vaseline? you never know
Quote by .:eranu:.
hey again lube buddy:P yeh i dont like the ibanez attemps at floyd rose i always thing the originals are the best but tbh i cant tell what could be causing the problem so go get a proffesional to tell you what to do. maybe try some vaseline? you never know

ha
I posted this reply in your other thred, but here it is again...

You cant be serious? You must abuse the hell outta your guitar.

Now the reason i came to this conclusion is that i have had my JS1000 for 2 years now without ANY wear on the knife edges. I use my whammy bar a lot! I mean, on almost every song my band does and cover that i do of Joe's. I cant believe that you are having problems with it, pics would help convice me though. I abuse the whammy a lot....a lot a lot, especially when i first got it.

As for a solution, Joe installs uses an Ibanez Edge tremolo in most of his guitars. There are a few videos on youtube of him explaining using modes with him using a JS1000 with a bunch'a "satch faces" drawn on it with a sharpie. That guitar has an "Edge" tremolo. I remember something from another thread saying that the OFR will fit, but not work 100% as in, wont bend in either direction to its fullest potential.

Some, like me, prefer the Ibanez trems over the OFR because i have no problem keeping in tune and they are easy to find and deal with, seeing as they are so popular and are used extensivly. Some trems are worse than others, but most of the problem has been taken care of.

I still cant over the fact that the edges wear down so quickly............

......I think you are lying. Yea.....thats what you call someone who wants to change tremolos. Boo-ya!
You have an Edge Pro, so there are two possibilities here:
1. You're lying ^
2. You're not setting the trem up correctly.

I say this because EPs are some of the best made trems today, almost on par with an OFR, and they have a better feel, being super low-profile and all.
Quote by dogismycopilot
I posted this reply in your other thred, but here it is again...

You cant be serious? You must abuse the hell outta your guitar.

Now the reason i came to this conclusion is that i have had my JS1000 for 2 years now without ANY wear on the knife edges. I use my whammy bar a lot! I mean, on almost every song my band does and cover that i do of Joe's. I cant believe that you are having problems with it, pics would help convice me though. I abuse the whammy a lot....a lot a lot, especially when i first got it.

As for a solution, Joe installs uses an Ibanez Edge tremolo in most of his guitars. There are a few videos on youtube of him explaining using modes with him using a JS1000 with a bunch'a "satch faces" drawn on it with a sharpie. That guitar has an "Edge" tremolo. I remember something from another thread saying that the OFR will fit, but not work 100% as in, wont bend in either direction to its fullest potential.

Some, like me, prefer the Ibanez trems over the OFR because i have no problem keeping in tune and they are easy to find and deal with, seeing as they are so popular and are used extensivly. Some trems are worse than others, but most of the problem has been taken care of.

I still cant over the fact that the edges wear down so quickly............

......I think you are lying. Yea.....thats what you call someone who wants to change tremolos. Boo-ya!

well now. i am not necessarily all for the OFR as a replacement. i love edge pro. but mine has the lo-pro (lo profile edge rehash from the 90's) and i do generally love ibz trems but the inferior metals in mine make it wear down much quicker and i didnt get my js new, my baby is nearly 4 years old. (second hand tingz bruv?) and as for the liar part....GET OUT OF MY THREAD
Quote by JoelTheShredder
well now. i am not necessarily all for the OFR as a replacement. i love edge pro. but mine has the lo-pro (lo profile edge rehash from the 90's) and i do generally love ibz trems but the inferior metals in mine make it wear down much quicker and i didnt get my js new, my baby is nearly 4 years old. (second hand tingz bruv?) and as for the liar part....GET OUT OF MY THREAD

Sorry, but you know nothing.

The Lo Pro Edge is practically bulletproof, it was the standard trem on all the high end Ibanezes in the mid 90's including all the JS's and JEMs. It's certainly not made of inferior metals - mine's been in perfect working order for 15 years...

...that's longer than you've been alive
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Apr 7, 2008,
Quote by steven seagull
Sorry, but you know nothing.

The Lo Pro Edge is practically bulletproof, it was the standard trem on all the high end Ibanezes in the mid 90's including all the JS's and JEMs. It's certainly not made of inferior metals - mine's been in perfect working order for 15 years...

...that's longer than you've been alive

Why would Steve Vai want the Lo-Pro some of his gutiars?

I rest my case.
And just in case the threadstarter isn't convinced...

http://www.jemsite.com/jem/spec.htm

The Lo Pro Edge is the bridge chosen for the DNA JEMs, brought out AFTER the Edge Pro was introduced...do you really think they'd put a crappy bridge on a £2,500 guitar?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Apr 7, 2008,
Quote by JoelTheShredder

Pics? I'm pretty sure yous has the EP, because they quit putting Lo-pros (which are superior to OFRs, imo) on their guitars in 2003, yet your guitar is a 2004. 'Course I can't be sure unless I see it