Here is my problem seems when ever I play the pick always wants to slide out from between my fingers. At the moment I'm using the Dunlop textured picks and they aways want to slide out and I end up playing with my fingers (not nice)

Any suggestions?
1979 Granada Les Paul
1983 Lado Flying V
2006 Fender Stratocaster
2007 Tenson Classical
2008 Epiphone Les Paul
2008 Yamaha Pacifica
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2011 Dean Z 79 Series
2011 Ibanez 12 String Acoustic
2012 Messina Classical
I had that problem too, I use dunlop tortex(0,60mm) now, and I don't have that problem anymore. you can also try to use a knife to make some grooves in it. Or try to glue some sandpaper on it
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by Farether
I had that problem too, I use dunlop tortex(0,60mm) now, and I don't have that problem anymore.

+1
Quote by rabidguitarist
Please don't ruin this thread. Transvestitism is serious business.
^ i use tortex dunlops too. i have that problem from time to time too and heres what i do

get a exacto (sp?) knife (the really sharp knives often used in modeling and things of that nature. lay your pick flat and cut criss cross X grooves into both sides of the pick (i usually cut a whole bunch in one direction then a whole bunch in the other direction) make sure to face the blade OUT and AWAY from you. i don't wanna hear about the UG kid who shoved a knife into his chest trying to carve up his pick.

this will give your pick more grip. if this doesn't work you can always buy some gorilla snot (sticky adhesive that will wash off, this isn't like super glue but will make your pick stick to your hand easier)
Brain picks are the best in my opinion. Their Snarlin' Dog picks come with 12 in a small tin box, and they've got small little bumps on both sides. I think they're perfect and have yet to drop one due to slipping. Check 'em out at musiciansfriend.com. They're only $5-$7 and come in all gauges, too!
well i'm a surfer and i just rub a tiny bit of tropical/basecoat wax on my picks where you grip it, never fails
For Sale;

Marshall AVT 150H head (new)
Marshall AVT 150H head (Almost new)

Crate BV412 Cab (Pristine w/ celestions)
Plectr'os are the way forward. They have very good grip, sound good, and theres no wrong side to use by accident (they're circular). I don't use anything else since I found them.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
I got those Snarlin dogs ones too, they're ace, they got the little knobbly bits to stop them slipping!
I'm using the standard nylon ones
1979 Granada Les Paul
1983 Lado Flying V
2006 Fender Stratocaster
2007 Tenson Classical
2008 Epiphone Les Paul
2008 Yamaha Pacifica
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2011 Dean Z 79 Series
2011 Ibanez 12 String Acoustic
2012 Messina Classical
I was using Dunlop Tortex... Totaly love it! My no.1, but today there were none in the Guitar Shop and i went back to the "Fender 1.00mm". Still good as hell
Quote by Mr. Flying V

At the moment I'm using the Dunlop textured picks and they aways want to slide out and I end up playing with my fingers (not nice)

Any suggestions?

My first suggestion is look to where the real problem is at. Last time I checked
picks don't have brains or nervous systems, so it's pretty unlikely they "want" to
do anything.

This is more of an indication that there's a problem with your picking than anything
else. It might be hitting the strings at bad angles, out of control, inefficient
muscle use, ... or any number of technical difficulties. In general, you don't need
a heavy grip to keep it stable. Also, to a certain extent, the does slide around
a little bit. You could say keeping it adjusted properly is also part of good picking
skill.
use dunlop tortex, I use the blue 1.mm ones.
ESP F-200 with Floyd Rose>

Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Electro Harmonix Pulsar Tremolo
BBE Boosta Grande
Fender Pedal Tuner>

Peavey Valveking 1x12
it may be your technique. before my pick would constantly fly away whenever i strummed a chord. my teacher showed me the proper technique and i still sweat, but with the technique nothing happens anymore.