Poll: Do you play Magic: The Gathering?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you play Magic: The Gathering?
I play
6 12%
I don't play
25 50%
I used to play
14 28%
I have considered playing
5 10%
Voters: 50.
How many people on UG have played Magic: The Gathering? I do and I enjoy it, but I wanted to know how many of you guys do.
Quote by metaldud536
I grew up when I was 16.

Thank you for your flame. We appreciate your input. Now please GTFO.
Grew up when I was 16 and realized how much money it used up for such a little thing as a 'card'.
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Quote by BestBassistInMI
Thank you for your flame. We appreciate your input. Now please GTFO.

Hey hey I'm joking. Flame this guy.
Quote by Craigo
I never did.

It was childish then, it's childish now.

My friend showed me how to play but the last trading card game I played was yu-gi-oh.
Wow, I didn't realize when I put up this thread that people would have a hard time with showing a little respect. You talk about "growing up" but it seems a little childish to me that you are calling a game that people of all ages enjoy playing a thing for kids. Really nice guys, really nice.
lol the only card game i was into was pokemon but im 18 now :/ and someone gave them away when i was like... 10.... or something
I used to play, and still would if it didn't cost so much. I wanted a Black Lotus so bad.
I don't. I used to think card games (some more "mature" ones than pokemon and such) was quite fun, as thinking games, not because you thought a card looked cool, or was rare or whatever.

But it's to expensive, and I'd rather do something else. Plus it became boring. So no.

All the magic players I knew were very grown up people with girlfriends and a social life. Some people may see it as a little nerdy, and boring, but that's completely up to them. I respect if some people have a hobby, just because I don't like it, doesn't mean it's immature or whatever.
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
It does cost a lot. But If you think about it, any hobby that you get too engrossed in can cost a lot and/or destroy your social life. Even guitar playing. If you are constantly practicing and you don't hang out with your non-music friends they might stop trying to get you to hang out. If you are always buying new gear and parts it could be quite a drain on ones bank account. See what I'm saying?
Quote by BestBassistInMI
It does cost a lot. But If you think about it, any hobby that you get too engrossed in can cost a lot and/or destroy your social life. Even guitar playing. If you are constantly practicing and you don't hang out with your non-music friends they might stop trying to get you to hang out. If you are always buying new gear and parts it could be quite a drain on ones bank account. See what I'm saying?

Yeah but practicing guitar can pay off when you become mega awesome, get a band, make it big and get a crap tonne of hot ladies. Anyone getting that done by playing magic the gathering, well i would like to see that happen.

P.S im not making an arguement.
Quote by Guitar_Obsessed
Yeah but practicing guitar can pay off when you become mega awesome, get a band, make it big and get a crap tonne of hot ladies. Anyone getting that done by playing magic the gathering, well i would like to see that happen.

P.S im not making an arguement.

Well actually, there are competitions where you can make s***loads of cash...but then you gotta make it to the pros.

And the term "growing up" doesn't necessarily mean that we meant the game is meant only for little kids. I personally meant it as in "I got tired of it and found something else to do"

So relax, dude!
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

fun but expensive.

any girls playing?
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
I used to play, then I lost my Orzhov deck and stopped.

Shame. I pwnd with that in the early game phases