Poll Options
View poll results: What to do?
Keep the Mustang
88 64%
Buy the Corvette
49 36%
Voters: 137.
Page 1 of 2
I have a dilemma. I've been driving a black 2000 Mustang GT convertible for the past couple of years. It has about 81000 miles on it. However, there's a great deal on a dark green 1994 Corvette coupe with only 64000 miles on it. I'm having trouble making a decision: should I sell my Mustang and get the Corvette, or stick with what I have?

Things to consider: My Mustang is a 5-speed while the Corvette is auto. The Corvette is in great shape for its age, but understandably has some loose interior pieces; as far as I know, everything works on it though. The Corvette apparently came without a CD player as there is an aftermarket Pioneer set installed. However, the system in the Mustang is considerably better. Insurance will increase with the Corvette, though only $85 every 6 months.

I'm not trying to "flaunt my coolness" or anything like that; I really need some advice. What would you guys do?
"If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, just let them go, because man, they're gone." Jack Handy

http://aurora.dmusic.com
Some times its nice just to get something different for the sake of having something different.

I say go for it. I see plenty of people with Mustangs, not so many with vets.
epic7734
As much as I love Corvettes, i am not a fan of the ones from the 90s, and besides, why would you sell a car that you already love (i'm assuming that you love it)
Hello
if i was gettin a vette it wouldn't be an auto, or a '94. it would seem pretty weird to me 2 sell a '00 for a '94, plus consider if it's your only car a vette only has 2 seats which kinda sucks sometime
My Gear:
Dean Dixie Rebel
Esp-Ltd Viper-400
Ibanez Ael-20e
Mesa/Boogie F-50
Quote by MXBoy11
As much as I love Corvettes, i am not a fan of the ones from the 90s, and besides, why would you sell a car that you already love (i'm assuming that you love it)

I do like my current car, but I love Corvettes too. I guess my major problem is my love for Corvettes verses selling a (in some respects) "better" car.
"If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, just let them go, because man, they're gone." Jack Handy

I say go for the Corvette. If you buy the Corvette, you probably will get more mileage out of it than you would if you kept the Mustang. And replacing the sound system and fixing the interior shouldnt set you back too far in the long run. And an extra $170 a year doesnt seem too bad.
i like mustangs better
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
Corvette or Mustang? The answer here is obvious :

Corestang.

/thread.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
If it was a 2009 year edition ZR1 that was made a year too soon, I'd say ditch the damn mustang and take the Corvette!

But. Keep the mustang. Even though it may be a good-looking Corvette that's pretty much good-working, it's an half-old Corvette. Those look....ugly.... nowdays, to be honest. Either the beginning-years Corvette(extra points for class and style) or one of the newer ones. Otherwise keep the mustang with your cool
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Just out of curiosity, do you work on your own cars?

cause,
Chevy= easy to work on
Ford= can be a headache some times.
epic7734
Man, that's a pretty good amount of miles on your mustang.
It is a ford so you should perhaps begin to look for something else,
but I wouldn't go with the vette. The 90's ones have kind of a lame body style and aren't very fast.
Maybe look around a bit and see if you can find any other good deals.

myspace.com/weasheroesband
Quote by epic7734
Just out of curiosity, do you work on your own cars?

cause,
Chevy= easy to work on
Ford= can be a headache some times.

It's funny you say that, actually. I don't work on my own cars (other than oil changes and other maintenance) and my mechanic rags on me for having a Ford, lol.

My dream car is a stringray, preferably the '67 model.

I'd keepy the mustang, Stick is worth it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
IMHO, 5 speed > auto, but that's just me. If you can give the vett a test drive and decide that you like it better than the stang, go for it. Personally, I would keep the mustang.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Just a little info for those who don't know, the 94 coupe is held with high honors in the Vet community. Its handling will crap on any mustang. For a few hundred dollars you could be running 400 hp. And it host the small block.
epic7734
Keep the Mustang, for one, it's far cooler and you'll look more like a murderer; also it's a manual, I know America has an auto gearbox culture, but keep the manual, for one, you'll be considered a real driver (amateurs drive autos); and experience with manuals will help if you're in the rest of the world.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
Keep the Mustang, for one, it's far cooler and you'll look more like a murderer; also it's a manual, I know America has an auto gearbox culture, but keep the manual, for one, you'll be considered a real driver (amateurs drive autos); and experience with manuals will help if you're in the rest of the world.

What? haha.

Thanks for the input.

Quote by ApexGT
What? haha.

Thanks for the input.

You're welcome. I've been watching about two hours of Top Gear a day over recent rainy days, so I've been fully absorbed into cars. Seriously, keep the Mustang, you'll be taken seriously as a driver. Or, better yet, get a car that can go around corners, like the Top Gear power lap leader, the Ascari A10, if you have £350,000 to spare.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
i voted corvette but only if your capable of swapping out the gearbox or maybe the entire drivetrain. auto is pretty lame maybe stick with your mustang if its fun enough, although you dont state which trim either car is in so my guess is the corvette would be quicker regardless.
Quote by epic7734
Just a little info for those who don't know, the 94 coupe is held with high honors in the Vet community. Its handling will crap on any mustang. For a few hundred dollars you could be running 400 hp. And it host the small block.

the mustang has a small block also, and i don't know whats so great about the '94 vette... for a few hundred you can make a mustang go like hell too i'd stick w/ the 'stang for now.

pics?
member #4 of the lynyrd skynyrd fan club!

Hell yaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Quote by wshnationals
hell yes, redneckrocker2, hell yes.
Quote by bannanaman
Mustang.

what colour is it? just out of question...?
Black. It's on the first line of the OP.

Keep the Mustang, dude.
Quote by freddaahh
You're welcome. I've been watching about two hours of Top Gear a day over recent rainy days, so I've been fully absorbed into cars. Seriously, keep the Mustang, you'll be taken seriously as a driver. Or, better yet, get a car that can go around corners, like the Top Gear power lap leader, the Ascari A10, if you have £350,000 to spare.

I love Top Gear. I watch it on YouTube at times when I am free. I understand being "taken seriously as a driver;" an automatic transmission doesn't really ooze "enthusiast". However, if you look at C4 production numbers, something like over 70% of them are auto. Not very assuring for a used market. As for the Ascari, there's a reason why I'm considering a C4 and not a C6.

Keep the mustang, no point in having a cool sporty car that isn't manual.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
you need a pinto...thats what the cool kids drive
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Quote by redneckrocker2
the mustang has a small block also, and i don't know whats so great about the '94 vette... for a few hundred you can make a mustang go like hell too i'd stick w/ the 'stang for now.

pics?

Yeah, we'll see if this works:

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd114/ApexGT1/MustangResize2.jpg

The corvette isn't little and red. So the mustang!

/bad reference >__>
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
^ I got it

Vette's are 3X the car a Mustang has ever been

but '94s are ugly, and underpowered, so stick with the Mustang until you can afford a post '97 vette
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
I, like most of the people here, am a Vette guy, but i do agree, keep the mustang. a '94? eh, not the best year.

You only have one lifetime. USE IT!!!

The Athiest of Zeppelinism. PM The Heartbreaker to join.

We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!:UG Naked Club
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The corvette isn't little and red. So the mustang!

/bad reference >__>

Don't worry. Prince would be proud.

Page 1 of 2