I've currently got a Stagg Flying V and a Roland Microcube, and I've saved up to buy a distortion pedal of some kind. Before you say something like 'but a pedal won't sound good with your amp', which I've heard alot of before, I just want the pedal so I can switch from clean to distortion without having to get up and change my amp settings. Anyway, I was looking at the Boss DS-1 or DS-2, and I was wondering whether I should get one of those or, instead, get a metal pedal (i.e. Boss Metal Zone or something). I play a lot of metallica, nirvana, ac/dc, but mostly metallica. My budget is 0-100 GBP, so price isnt too much of an issue. What do you guys think I should go for?
DS-2 will not do Metallica alone, its more Nirvana-ish...I use 2, the DS-2 first then a Marshall JH-1 and I get a wicked distortion

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
I doubt you'll get anything better than the Cube's onboard distortion from a pedal - an EQ pedal could come in handy though.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
I doubt you'll get anything better than the Cube's onboard distortion from a pedal - an EQ pedal could come in handy though.

What are some EQ pedals I can look into?