Hello, i am looking for a guitar that is good for a beginner. So far i have narrowed it down to the epiphone g-400 or the Ibanez RG321 MH (i am open to any other suggestions). They are almost identical in price, the main problem i am having with deciding is that i have very small hands and have heard that the epiphone (like all sg's) has a very thick and heavy neck, will this be a problem for me and my girly hands? Also the Ibanez im looking at says it has jumbo frets (il be honest i dont really know what that means) will this be a problem? any help would be greatly appreciated , thanks
Go play each one and see which one feels better in your hands. My right hand (left handed) is 7 1/4" palm to tip and I have no problems with a G400.
Epi SG G400 Lefty
Modded Valve Junior
Noisy Cricket 1/2 Watt

Toneport GX
Jumbo frets are better for articulation of chords and solos, though it pretty much comes down to preference over technical specs in the end. Id' go for the Ibanez, but that's me. SG's are pretty tempermental in my experience and need adjusted a lot, like a truss rod adjustment, which is not something a beginner should mess with as it can ruin a guitar if you're not careful. The ibanez isn't the greatest guitar in the world, but if you really dig it you can mod it out in the future to make it a lot better and "pro". I took an old RG220B and modded it out, and I honestly prefer it over some guitars I've had that cost 1,000 plus. Goes to show you gotta trust yourself in the end.

I'd say the Ibanez is a bit less of a risk though as far as starting out goes.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
What are you planning on playing? Jumbo frets are usually wider and taller than normal.

just a bit of rock, heavy metal. And i would love to try it out but i am getting them online as it will work out much cheaper, and none of my local stores seem to have them.
If your hands are small you should try guitars with thiner neck... Squier or something ( I prefer Ibanez, but I think that it has too wide neck for small hands)
Definitely don't buy a Epiphone as your first guitar. My friend did that and now he cant play guitars with thinner necks. He just adjusted to huge necks and his hands are almost stuck that way when he plays. If you start with a small neck it will not be such a hassle playing bigger necks.
Keep on rocking in the free world
okay do you think the ibanez is the better choice then? Any suggestion would be appreciated only thing is i dont really like the look of strats they are a bit boring to my eyes and i know way too many people that have one. Kinda want something a bit more unsual but obviously still good and easy to play.
okay do you think the ibanez is the better choice then? I really like the epiphone but seeing as i have small hands i probably should look elsewhere i guess. Any suggestions would be appreciated only thing is i dont really like the look of strats they are a bit boring to my eyes and i know way too many people that have one. Kinda want something a bit more unsual but obviously still good and easy to play.
hey, im not sure if this wil help, but o well. my friend has ben playin for years, hes older than me, and his hands are smaller than mine. he has no probs paying his les paul or sg, and in my opinion, there btr guitars. he does have an ibanez, but its ona those kickass mini ones haha
meh
Ibanez.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
okay i just measured them and from the bottom of my palm to the top of my middle finger they are 6.5 inches. i think i will go for the ibanez as i just held my friends which was really expensive not sure which one it is but its really nice and feels just right.