how do you listen to an album?

like, youve just got it, do you listen to all the tracks in order, or do you skip some that you dont think are very good?
Quote by ~Danny~
Must if they break for me, better sounds come from the way you play more-so than the strings.

Quote by ~Danny~
>hen I said 'must', i meant just.

Quote by ~Danny~
I think we've realised I can't type by now...
i listen to the intros and they kick ass, i listen to the whole song. but when i'm bored or some **** i listen to every song.
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
I listen to the tracks in order.
Every time

The only time I don't is if it is one or two tracks.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
i download songs from torrents and dont buy albums. go me. lol.
SEX!

Now I have your attention, witness the awesomeness that is my sig

Quote by GuitarManDan15
win

Free Dean V To Loving Home
CD goes in the stereo, volume goes up.

Then I listen in through from start to end 3-4 times
Quote by tomathy
how do you listen to an album?

like, youve just got it, do you listen to all the tracks in order, or do you skip some that you dont think are very good?

How do you know the ones that aren't good if you've just got it?
Normally play it all in order while playing Pro Evo on silent

musical football
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
I usually listen to a full album in one go, except if I'm extremely bored in which case I'll just sift through for a few classics.
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
Quote by Tom Martin
How do you know the ones that aren't good if you've just got it?

He never specified that it was a new album, duh.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
I listen to the CD in full.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
All the way through, only way to go.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Usually put it in the CD player and read along with the lyrics, to help me get into it. But if i already downloaded the album and have bought a hard copy, then listen and play Halo or some shiz like that
Quote by last-1s-out
Normally play it all in order while playing Pro Evo on silent

musical football

Hell yeah. , although i'm playing PGR4 atm, so musical driving.
It's gonna be a blue day
When I buy new albums, I'll normally wait for the right occasion to listen through the whole thing; recently I had to finish a huge piece of art coursework over the long Easter weekend, so I was able to listen through a few whole albums whilst painting.

Or, I'll quickly play through a few songs on my CD player, and listen to some intros; then, I'll put in on my iPod and listen to it a school or in town.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Depends. Some bands, even though I love them, really can't put an album together very well. Great individual songs, but not an amazing flow through the CD. In those cases, I either put it on a random shuffle or just listen to a few select tracks.

New albums, all the way through in one go. Always.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
all the way through usually. MAYBE ill listen to the songs i already know first just to get me in the mood for the entire album
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Play the intros, if I like it I keep listening. It usually takes about 10 listens before I realise how good a song is.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Every song! Concept albums and rock operas FTW.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Tend to listen to them all the way though, definately if it's my first listen. If there's a song I really cant be bothered with I go past it eg. Fluff by Black Sabbath from Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.
If an album's good, then each track should be as important as the next, or the one before. Skipping tracks in gapless albums can also cause confusion, haha.
Quote by gorecore=me
is a bidet a type of crisp?
Never bought an album in my life :P, all download for me

ehemm... anyways I tend to listen to them all the way through
Buy CD, sit down, listen to whole thing entirely and analyze what I do and don't like about it.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Quote by _InsanitY_
i download songs from torrents and dont buy albums. go me. lol.

im alerting the authorities!
If I go out and buy an album, I'll most probably have listened to it before in a downloaded version. The very first time I listen to an album it's all the way through, no skipping. However, if it really is a **** album I'll skip songs that sound crap after a minute or so.
I like my coffee black, just like my metal.
If I randomly got the album because i wanted to check out the band, then I would listen to every single track in order. But if I got an album because i heard about some specific songs from it, then I'd listen to those songs first and then maybe later on check out the rest of the album.
If I already really like a song on it I'll probably listen to that one a couple times to get in the mood, then all the way through a couple times.

If I'm completely new to an album I'll listen all the way through.

Can't imagine jus listening to the intros.