I am getting a new guitar in the summer ( willing to spend 700-800$ ) and i don't really know much about pickups, ect. the guitar i am thinking of getting is this epiphone les paul: http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=51&CollectionID=6

could someone tell me if the pickups in it are any good? if not, how much does it cost to get good ones? and also, if you have suggestions on guitars, im open to them.

i play mostly classic rock and metal.
What amp do you have - although whatever it is the stock pickups will probably be fine to be honest.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I think they are Epi humbuckers, modelled after '57 Classics maybe. For a replacement of all three, it could cost anywhere from ~$90 if you go really cheap, to ~$300 or more for Gibson aftermarket pickups. I would try it out, but i am absolutely sure it could do classic rock.
I got an Epiphone G-400 and it has Alnico Humbuckers too. I think it sounds really good for metal and stuff so you might not need to replace them.
THe Epiphone G-400 Custom has 3 humbuckers too and I don't think it sounds ass good as the G-400 for metal so you might want to get something else. not sure
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
thanx for the advice guys, and stratman, the epi is only around 600 dollars. the 700-800 is for other suggestions:P
BAM.

Mahogany + set neck + Duncan JB/59 + amazing LTD quality = win.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
I'd go for the 2 p/u custom. nobody actually needs three pickups, truthfully. Then I'd get a Duncan custom 5 or custom custom for the bridge, and a '59 or Jazz for the neck.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.