I almost dropped my guitar today but just managed to catch it with my left hand (my fretting hand). Incidently I felt something pull and I am now certain I have strained a muscle in my left forearm.

I feel muscular pain whenever i fret with my fore finger. My question is, will this create lasting damage if I continue to play? Or because it is a muscle and not a ligament its ok as it wont create lasting or permanent damage?

Basically,

To play, or not to play?
Quote by Chinfrim
Sadly we have not shotguns and go around saying "Get Out of Mah Propertay!!"
You pulled a muscle...
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
idk, for me, i broke the smallest finger once, when i was starting to play, after 5 days i took the **** off, and started playing, it still hurt's sometimes and it's completely ****ed up...

but still works fine for all :P
Since 2002 using UG. This page teached me how to play guitar and help'd me to embrace the passion of my life: Music.
I don't suppose it's permanent.
The human body is buildt for things like this.

But let it rest anyway.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Quote by black-sabbath
You pulled a muscle...

No I strained, a pull is much worse. Thanks for the responses. Guess I will continue anyway unless someone convinces me otherwise lol.
Quote by Chinfrim
Please respect your body and just take a break for a few days. Not practicing for 3-4 days isn't going to matter anyways but permanent damage that might be caused by continuing to play will matter.
Quote by scottp_15
No I strained, a pull is much worse. Thanks for the responses. Guess I will continue anyway unless someone convinces me otherwise lol.

Never play through pain, pain is your body's way of telling you to stop; there's a damn good reason it's unpleasant. Stop playing until your finger stops hurting or you run the risk of doing yourself serious, long lasting damage.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Never play through pain, pain is your body's way of telling you to stop; there's a damn good reason it's unpleasant. Stop playing until your finger stops hurting or you run the risk of doing yourself serious, long lasting damage.

Right then will do. Dont want to risk any further damamge. Cheers.
Quote by Chinfrim
Lol this is like a human body 101 lesson...
When you sprain your ankle you won't continue running... why would this be any different?
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower