I don't want to lose my Strat position tone. I love my new Strat and I want to be able to play lead with it without my ears turning inside out from the sound of the single coils. They just don't work well at all with my Carvin Legacy. I love the sound of it through the Legacy on the clean channel though. Sounds just right

This mainly might be that I'm still clueless at controlling my amps lead tone. Very touchy controls it seems, and my active EMG Zakk Wylde Les Paul obviously are more suited for it.

Is there any other possible alternative?
"Don't panic, everything is falling neatly out of order"
- Douglas Adams
Replace one or 2 p/u's, leave the other(s) unchanged? Try that.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Just replace the bridge pickup with the hotrail and leave the other two alone.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by mafropetee
Just replace the bridge pickup with the hotrail and leave the other two alone.

Haha opps should have specified that that was my intention, but I was told that it ruins the sound when using the middle single coil with the Hot Rails
"Don't panic, everything is falling neatly out of order"
- Douglas Adams
buy an Hss prewired pickguard and use that instead. then if you want the bridge single, you coan simply replace the pickguard.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
...which would ALSO ruin the notch tone.

You need a split for the hotrails. I wire my pickups with an autosplit so when I'm using positon 4, the bridge humbucker is automatically split.

Not only do you get the strat sound (though not THAT close, but pretty darn close) but you also can switch straight up to the bridge pickup sound by going to position 5.

If you install a switch split you need to manipulations to get the notch tone. Not so with the autosplit.

Good luck!
^ I see your point. That sounds like it would be good for TS, Pott.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden