I got given a BC Rich Beast NJ Series the other day by my cousin who has decided they just do not want to play guitar anymore (heavens knows why) so I took it.

Its a pretty nice piece of kit, although it has a few bumps and scratches, which I would expect from a used pointy guitar tbh. Also the floyd on it is slightly worn, i think I read somewhere its called oxidation. Looks a bit dirty in places if you see what i mean.

Anyway, bottom line is I am going to use this as my project guitar and upgrade it. I would like to change out the stock BC Rich pups because they sound like sh*t. And was wondering what pups I could put in to replace them. Preferably not EMG's as they are active I have heard, but I want a nice heavy metal tone out of the pups but also want them to have a nice fat, warm clean tone. Basically, nice all-round pups.
Quote by Chinfrim
Sadly we have not shotguns and go around saying "Get Out of Mah Propertay!!"
seymour duncans.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
Sounds like you want a BKP Nailbomb to me. Incredibly Versatile Pickups. If your not sure about that suggestion, look at the other models that BKP makes, and if you are certain you want a Bare Knuckle Pickup, consult Tim in order to figure which one would be best for you. He will never steer you wrong.

On a tighter budget, a Seymour Duncan JB would probably be in your best interests.
Quote by GuardianofBlind
Sounds like you want a BKP Nailbomb to me. Incredibly Versatile Pickups. If your not sure about that suggestion, look at the other models that BKP makes, and if you are certain you want a Bare Knuckle Pickup, consult Tim in order to figure which one would be best for you. He will never steer you wrong.

On a tighter budget, a Seymour Duncan JB would probably be in your best interests.

Ok so if I were going to use the BKP's what ones would I be looking at for the neck and for the bridge? I would like a more aggressive tone from the bridge pickup and a smoother tone from the neck.

Same goes for the JB's, what set would work best for what I want.

Thanks for the replies
Quote by Chinfrim
Seymore duncan JB in bridge, '59 in neck. the most versitile combo i have ever seen. period.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
Seymore duncan JB in bridge, '59 in neck. the most versitile combo i have ever seen. period.

According to the net there are all sorts of JB's Sh-4's etc. Any chance of being a bit more specific or will any do? Cheers
Quote by Chinfrim
the normal one- not the "jr" or "reverse" or whatever. this one

its really one of the best pickups you can get
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
the normal one- not the "jr" or "reverse" or whatever. this one

its really one of the best pickups you can get

Thanks man, and what about the 59?
Quote by Chinfrim
right here

and i just gave u GC cause it was the first site i saw- they mght be cheaper somewhere else, or the same price, idk
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
Going to have to look somewhere else anyway. Not in america so cant use GC lol. Cheers man
Quote by Chinfrim
Quote by forsaknazrael
Thanks for the incredibly generic and useless advice.

threadstarter, what amp do you have?

I have a line 6 Spider valve. The 112 version.
Quote by Chinfrim
Quote by forsaknazrael
Okay. So what's make you think the stock pickups sound like ****? In other words, what more would you like out of them?

Well they are just not cutting it. They just sound like normal pickups on half volume tbh. I have already stated what I would like out of the new pickups in my first post.
Quote by Chinfrim
No, you stated a vague idea of what they should sound like. A "metal sound" tells me nothing, since there are tons of different metal bands.
Besides, I asked for what you feel your current tone lacks...You should be able to dial in any sound you want on your Spider Valve, I don't see why this is an issue.
And what do you mean, "like normal pickups on half volume"? What does that mean?
Quote by forsaknazrael
No, you stated a vague idea of what they should sound like. A "metal sound" tells me nothing, since there are tons of different metal bands.
Besides, I asked for what you feel your current tone lacks...You should be able to dial in any sound you want on your Spider Valve, I don't see why this is an issue.
And what do you mean, "like normal pickups on half volume"? What does that mean?

Basically, the sound i get from the BC Rich is not satisfactory. I can dial any tone in, hoping to be able to play that tone with the pick ups. Its hard to explain really, the best way is, it just lacks certain features, i can create flawless pinches on my ibanez but on my Beast they aint up to scratch, yes i know there are sweet spots and yes i have experimented. Also they lack a crunch that i want, especially when palm muting, they just seem to have a lesser sound. Cant really explain it in words.
Quote by Chinfrim