ok so i havent changed out my strings in a while and ive been thinkin about which strings to get and what gauge to get. im lookin at the ernie ball super slinky .9's right now, i have good finger strength

does anyone have other suggestions or does anyone here use these strings that can tell me how they like them?
When i die, i wanna be burried upside down...so that anybody who doesnt like me can kiss my ass.

marilize leguana!
I like d'addarios because once I broke my D string and could only buy a Ernie Ball replacement if I just wanted one string, and it only lasted for about half the time that my d'addario strings did.
I used them for a while and they went all dull and grimy after about a week, and they didn't sound or feel great to start with.

I like Rotosounds and D'addarios. Elixirs are also nice if you can afford the extra cash, but they are a kind of love it or hate it thing.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by live4ledzep
ok so i havent changed out my strings in a while and ive been thinkin about which strings to get and what gauge to get. im lookin at the ernie ball super slinky .9's right now, i have good finger strength

does anyone have other suggestions or does anyone here use these strings that can tell me how they like them?

If you have good finger strength, trying going up to 10's.
I like the hybrid 9's they do myself
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
yeah ive been hearing good things about the D'addarios also, as far as i can tell, they are durable and have good tone, and the price isnt too bad either

the price is the only thing settin me off from the elixers though
When i die, i wanna be burried upside down...so that anybody who doesnt like me can kiss my ass.

marilize leguana!
i've played super slinky's for 2 years now and they've been great. i definitely recommend them
Played em on and off... switched to D'adarrios for a while, but they got sort of sterile sounding on me... than DRs came along . Hand-wound perfection, with awesome sound.
The Ernie Ball Super Slinkies are okay strings. I've used them before, they had good tone at first, but after a week they died out. (By the way, I sweat like a maniac and the strings get dirty like no other)

Right now, I use Ernie Ball RPS strings, these last me way longer than the regular ernie balls. But you can only order them online. So I'd just try out the D'addarios, I might try them out myself.

I use the 9-42 or sometimes 9-46 Super Slinky's, have done for years, they're great.
Fender 60W Super-Sonic Head
Fender 2x12 Cabinet (Vintage 30s)
TC Electronics G Major
Boss Blues Driver BD-2 w/ Keeley mod
MXR 6 Band EQ
BB Preamp
TS-9
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah

American Fender Stratocaster
I use D'Addario 11's, never really used anything but D'Addarios I tried some GHS boomers once, but I've been considering trying some Elixirs...
yeah they're pretty good, but they go out of tune quite alot
Quote by Trefellin

He's been in the Pit so long, he's forgotten about television. His whole life is about pears, cats, Spartans and rape. So much so that the mind control tube has lost it's powers over him. It's sad really.
I only use Ernie Ball strings.
I swear by them. Great strings, I've never had any problems with string-life, tuning or anything.
They're great.

-Jayke
Member of the Laney Cult
i like ernie ball because they go dead in a week. i find myself scrambling for the treble knob everytime i change my strings

however, ernie ball never has individual string sizes i like.. so i go with d'addarios. which never happen to be all that bright to begin with.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.