So I guess I will add another...

I have a practice amp at the moment, but I would like a better amp.
So I was wondering what was your first amp after your practice amp (assuming you all had them first).

I was thinking I wanted a half-stack, but then realized I could get a cheaper combo probably just as good.

Open to any suggestions, tube, solid state, combo, doesn't matter.

Quote by Lemmings311

So I was wondering what was your first amp after your practice amp (assuming you all had them first).

JCM900 100W combo.

Quote by Lemmings311
I was thinking I wanted a half-stack, but then realized I could get a cheaper combo probably just as good.

what kind of music are you looking at playing? that'll be the biggest factor in deciding what to look at, then the price.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
tubes...the more the better...oh and def a 1x12 combo
Amps:
Crate V3112
Mesa Mk IVB

Guitars:
Ibanez SZ320
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X
Michael Kelly Patriot Custom

Effects:
Too Many to list.
As far as playing goes im into everything. Probably more blues and alternative stuff than metal and hard rock.
Quote by Lemmings311

Search button.

There's a [stickied] thread just for this. It includes a list of several amps by price range and describes its sound and other specs.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
I never bought a second amp. I just got a Vox Tonelab SE, that's an effects board with amp modelling and speaker simulation, which I hook up directly to the PA. The sound is decent and you don't have to worry about micing your amp, you just plug it in. It's a blessing at shows and works fine for home recording. I payed 475€ for it, if anyone cares.