love my studio. want a more classic rock sound out of it. will be playing mainly zeppelin and other classic rock, nothing metal. what do you suggest? i also want a nice blues sound out of the neck pick up portion
Duncan pearly gates? JB?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i would try Gibson burstbucker pro V's i put one in the neck of my sg, and a dirty fingers in the bridge, its an awesome pickup, really jazzy with the tone turned down, should be great for you
PAF model p/u's. No two p/u's were the same though.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Any PAF clone will work for you nicely, I assume the Gibson pickups you've got are too hot for what you play?
The SD '59 is good and their Antiquity is as close as you'll get to an original 60's pickup - at a price, admittedly. The Bare Knuckle Mule or Stormy Monday (with an alnico IV) would complement the antiquity nicely in the neck position.
i got a burstbucker 3 in the bridge of mine and a burstbucker 2 in the neck... they do the classic rock thing really well... theyre not edgy enough for me though
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
bareknuckles are the best pickups bar none
just pm tim he will help you get what ever you want
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.