Im interested in learning how to do this, ive only ever heard of the technique, but i haven't seen any examples of it being used. Im a proficient tapper, i can tap good, but im expanding on my technical skills, so any help would be appreciated, (also anything to help me get faster, more technical, basically any technique you can think of tell me). Examples would be great too, thank you.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Buckethead?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
wow, thats pretty intense, do any of you know how to do that???

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
Im interested in learning how to do this, ive only ever heard of the technique, but i haven't seen any examples of it being used. Im a proficient tapper, i can tap good, but im expanding on my technical skills, so any help would be appreciated, (also anything to help me get faster, more technical, basically any technique you can think of tell me). Examples would be great too, thank you.

I remember this guy from GIT was pretty awesome at it. TJ Helmerich.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxUoKePiZfE

http://www.myspace.com/tjhelmerich
shred is gaudy music
Thanks for the vids guys, i know now what exactly to expect, is there any specific theory behind this i should know???or tapping in general seeing as how i never really bothered to check..

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
Thanks for the vids guys, i know now what exactly to expect, is there any specific theory behind this i should know???or tapping in general seeing as how i never really bothered to check..

the theory is the same as with any music. its just a different technique.

That TJ guy has some books and/or videos on it I believe. You might want to check those out.
shred is gaudy music
Quote by valennic

The same theory as with any other guitar playing, tapping is just a way of playing wider intervals and such.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Steve Lynch of Autograph and Jeff Watson of Night Ranger have been doing eight finger taps since the 80s.
Check them out sometime.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
yeah, if you could get those to me that would be great!!^

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

definitely check out stanley jordan. its probably not the style you are thinking about, but it sure is amazing
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
I mostly use eight fingered tapping to tap arpeggios, Don't ask me whee I learned how to do it, cause I don't know. I saw a guy who used 8 fingered tapping on youtube. Type in 'Imperial March' and look for a guy in a buckethead mask. it was roughly halfway through the video.
Dang, sorry, didn't realize you wanted stuff diminishedtobeme. If you could, PM me with your email. I'll talk to you a little bit to figure out what experience you have with it, what style you are interested and such, and work on making you some lessons. Just to let you know though, it takes me a bit longer to make lessons than normal, as I have several tabbing projects I'm working on finishing too.

Valennic, talk to me a bit more so I can get a better Idea of what you want, then I'll make you some stuff. Also, you may want to finish what you're currently working on sweep picking-wise first so you don't get overloaded and end up moving forward very slowly....
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

He is an absolute monster on guitar (in a good way, of course). I love watching his lessons; can't understand a thing he says, but I'll be damned if he doesn't have some great licks.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Shred201 if it doesnt bother you can i get some lessons too!!! please???
and this 8 finger tapping stuff is killing my right hand fingers. what can i do about it???
I got these out of creative Guitar 2 by Guthrie Govan. Best. Book. Ever. (even beats actualy literature)

A Minor
|---------------------5-8-12-15-|
|-------------------------------|
|-------------5----12-----------|
|-----------7---14--------------|
|-------------------------------|
|-5-8-12-15---------------------|
       T  T      T  T     T  T

A Mnor7
|--------------------------------------------------------12-15-17-20-|
|--------------------------------------------10-13-17-20-------------|
|---------------------------------9-12-14-17-------------------------|
|----------------------7-10-14-17------------------------------------|
|-----------7-10-12-15-----------------------------------------------|
|-5-8-12-15----------------------------------------------------------|
       T  T       T  T       T  T       T T         T  T        T  T
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join