Whenever I turn up the bass on the EQ of my Ibanez SRX390, my amp (old Peavey 80) produces a distortion/overdrive that I do not want. The treble EQ is just fine. I've tried lowering the bass on the amp, but it doesn't help. There's more distortion on the neck pickup, than the bridge. It gets worse with volume too. Any suggestions to fix this?
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
I am not bass player but I guess maybe if your amp doesn't have Gain knob but it makes distortion then I think you could Volume up in the amp's or Volume down in the guitar's
and if you have gain then of course you should Gain down
Am I right?
Recommend me any good post-hardcore band
^that

Or, you've blown your speaker...hopefully not though. If you have it will sound really trebly as well as having the distortion. Try the other suggestions before jumping to that.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
Whenever I turn up the bass on the EQ of my Ibanez SRX390, my amp (old Peavey 80) produces a distortion/overdrive that I do not want. The treble EQ is just fine. I've tried lowering the bass on the amp, but it doesn't help. There's more distortion on the neck pickup, than the bridge. It gets worse with volume too. Any suggestions to fix this?

this is usually an indication that your "Overdriving" the amp. if you want to play loud, you cannot over boost your EQ's. as your volume increases, the boosted EQ's must decrease. i say take the EQ to flat. crank up the volume, and slowly add the EQ frequencies you need. when a bass amp "overdrives" your speakers are in grave danger, and will not last long.