I'm looking to buy the roland cube 30x, an I realize it's a 30 watt amo, but does the fact that it's tiny make it quieter than other amps of it's wattage
Quote by davedoom
zvex nano

teeny tiny micro in ya pocketo amp

Sure, if you're in to overpriced, muddy pieces of turd.

I say the 1 watt Blackheart coming out would kill it. It's about a fourth the price too.

As for your question. No, it does not make it quieter.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Yup, Nano is as small as it gets. Sounds bloody fantastic too.

Blackheart have just brought out the Killer Ant which is the same sort of thing - 1/2 watt of tube power for around $150. Looks great.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Sure, if you're in to overpriced, muddy pieces of turd.

did you put it through a 4x12?

oh yeah and did you take the ear muffs off that granny bought you at christmas?

p.s you have a laney vh100 - sharp, tinny and my amps kill them

get facts right and not opinions
Quote by davedoom
did you put it through a 4x12?

oh yeah and did you take the ear muffs off that granny bought you at christmas?

p.s you have a laney vh100 - sharp, tinny and my amps kill them

get facts right and not opinions

A bit of pot calling the kettle black yeah?

Yes I did plug it through a 4x12 and it has that annoying bass sag that those old Marshall Plexi amps had.

The ear muffs are quite comfy thank you very much but I think you pay more attention listening to your own voice than the amp itself.

I'm just playing around.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by SG thrasher
So true, I mean, I love my laney, but he's so right.

Well he's right about his amp being better. But this isn't really about MY gear is it?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by SG thrasher
They're sharp, that's for sure, I have a lot of problems getting my GH smooth, not particularly tinny, though.

Have you tried it with 6L6GC valves? I dropped some in mine and it got rid of a lot of that buzziness and the crazy high end.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by SG thrasher
I have indeed, My GH is from when the came stock with 6L6's, granted, they were 12 years old by the time i got it, though .

Thread jack ftw?

Thread jack ftmfw.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Have you tried it with 6L6GC valves? I dropped some in mine and it got rid of a lot of that buzziness and the crazy high end.

Granted, ive found that Laney stock tubes are pretty much the worst from any manufacturer
and a quick change to (your pref.) and a quick re-bias you gain a better response, much warmer and less of that buzz you were on about - though still they lack that thump in the chest that ive only found recently

i may not be John Sykes, Sir - but im fairly happy with my playing and ive got to the stage where i can pick up anything from record and jam with most people - i hate shred so im not some technically space wizard - but id like to say something along the lines of: I have a soul.

p.s thread jack done!
Quote by davedoom
Granted, ive found that Laney stock tubes are pretty much the worst from any manufacturer
and a quick change to (your pref.) and a quick re-bias you gain a better response, much warmer and less of that buzz you were on about - though still they lack that thump in the chest that ive only found recently

i may not be John Sykes, Sir - but im fairly happy with my playing and ive got to the stage where i can pick up anything from record and jam with most people - i hate shred so im not some technically space wizard - but id like to say something along the lines of: I have a soul.

p.s thread jack done!

I never did say anything about your playing though.

I've managed to get a nice 'chest thump' when I crank the mids and give her a little volume.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
well.......keep those smileys to a minimum - they make me uncomfortable....
Quote by davedoom
well.......keep those smileys to a minimum - they make me uncomfortable....

Alrighty! So long as you don't bite my head off any more. Haha
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Alrighty! So long as you don't bite my head off any more. Haha

cant guarantee that im afraid - after all - i am UGs mentalist....

ahem.
Quote by davedoom
cant guarantee that im afraid - after all - i am UGs mentalist....

ahem.

How could I forget that?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

How could I forget that?

Smiley!

*turns incredible hulk*

*fades*

*goes for lunch*