hey so ive owned my mesa boogie triple rectifier for about 1 and a half years and the power tubes finally went. unfortunately for me there are no mesa dealers near me but the local shop does carry peavey 12ax7 tubes. so is there any kind of difference between the mesa 12ax7s and the peaveys?
the first step to failure is trying.
Probably just brand names printed on factory tubes. I suggest finding out what tubes Peavey use first.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
You're almost always best to go online for tubes. However the Mesa stuff is rebranded, overpriced rubbish, the Peaveys will do the job though I wouldn't expect them to sound that great.
But that's irrelevant, you don't need new 12AX7s yet anyway.
Have a look online for a sextet of, say, JJ 6L6s (or of course EL34s depending on preference).
no im pretty positive i need new power tubes. i called the nice people at mesa and they told me it sounded like one or two of the power tubes went out. the 6l6's that i have in it are working fine still.
the first step to failure is trying.
Quote by harm0n20
no im pretty positive i need new power tubes. i called the nice people at mesa and they told me it sounded like one or two of the power tubes went out. the 6l6's that i have in it are working fine still.

6L6 are the power tubes. 12AX7s are the pre-amp tubes.