I was reading my new Guitar Player magazine and this guy was saying how he bought this SX brand guitar, and it was like $150. He said it was really good quality, its P-90 copy pickups sounded almost exactly like the real deal, and it had a nice vintage look and feel to it. I pretty much only found them on amazon.com, I don't think any music stores carry them.
Why has no one heard of these before? This is the ultimate starter guitar brand, and people are still buying Squiers!

Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Bored? read these, or this
Rondomusic.com right? They're supposed to be good.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Tokai guitars are really underrated too. Has anyone played some of their guitars that were made around the 80s? Oh damnn
I like rap, feel free to use that as an argument against me.
Yeah I had known about Tokai before, their copies of Les Pauls and Stratocasters actually surpassed the real thing in quality in the late 70s and 80s. And I'd heard about the Kramers too. But P-90s for $150 just amazes me.

try and find that SX guitar because im on amazon and most SX models are strats.. no gibson type models
Nothing special about P-90s.
And you can't have P-90 "copies" a sort of pickup is a sort of pickup.
You CAN have brand copies though

And yeah they're said to be good, though Agile (only a small bit more expensive) are said to be even better.
Quote by cmakkidguitar
Do NOT want...

Great to know. I was actually going to buy 10 of these for you.
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Sweet Jebus there's an entire market of cheap, awesome quality guitars I've never heard of. Man I wish I knew that before.

I've been considering buying an SX Explorer just because I've always wanted an Explorer....I've also considered buying one of their Telecasters but I've heard bad things about those....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
laguna is really good and their most expensive guitar is 600 but i would comfortably say i like them more than mexican fenders
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
I have one of these Douglas guitars coming to me Wednesday from Rondomusic. $170

Quote by BAoxymoron
laguna is really good and their most expensive guitar is 600 but i would comfortably say i like them more than mexican fenders

Do they use Licensed or Official Floyds? or is it a different brand?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
licensed. I like the feel of the lagunas, and I love their look, but I hate their tone. A pup change may do the trick however. They feel better than schecter.
I really want to buy a Telecaster but I don't like the thought of ordering guitars.....I'm kind of picky with how guitars feel....and most of my money is going towards a bass rig...
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I'm constantly surprised at how many people love Agile guitars. Every time I've played them, they've been utter ****, at any price range.

For my money, the best cheap (and slightly obscure) brands are Tokai and Vintage. In fact, they're the only good cheap brands I've ever come across, obscure or not. Their higher-end models can easily rival the production Fender and Gibson equivalents, and their lower end models match or surpass any Squier/Epiphone version. The downsides are they can be a bit hard to get hold of in some areas, and the very low end Vintage guitars actually just really suck. Still, a mid or high-end Vintage is the closest thing you can get to a 'real' LP without buying a Gibson or Epiphone, and Tokai aren't far behind either.
I've been hearing good stuff about Hagstrom for quite a while now.

http://www.hagstromguitars.com/

People should check them out.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
SX stands for samick.

they are great for the price.

Epiphone SG special
awesome value.
I love white guitars!
i liked the tone from the hss but i agree the HH sound was kinda poor
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by Eat_0n_Kent
SX stands for samick.

Epiphone SG special
awesome value.

eeh mine broke the first week(special 2) and I think there plywood. Just electronics are bad but they are VERY upgradeable.
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by Eat_0n_Kent
SX stands for samick.

soo many of them on cashconverters site.
Quote by Wulver
I've been hearing good stuff about Hagstrom for quite a while now.

http://www.hagstromguitars.com/

People should check them out.

I'm GAS'ing for either a white Swede or an amberburst Deluxe.

The Danelectro reissues are supposed to be awesome for slide. I've seen some pros in talkshow orchestras play them.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Last edited by Green_Jelly at Apr 8, 2008,
Uhh. that "SJM 62" (i'm assuming that's their version of the '62 Jaguar?) looks like the bastard child of a jaguar who has sex with a rhoads...

I love Jaguars and rhoads, but that's one hell of an ugly guitar.

can't beat some of Gibson's models though, in terms of ugliness
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
why no one never talks about the tagimas? theyre brazilian quality stuff!!!!

this is the one Kiko Loureiro from Angra uses
Keep On Rockin´

Gear:
Ibanez GRG-270
Roland Cube30X
Zoom G2.1u
Dillion Guitars make some of the best copies out there. my LP is much better than my friends studio
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by e32lover
Anyone heard of AXL Guitars? There cheap as chips, i was going to buy one a while ago but thought i better not risk it. Still curious none the less

http://www.axlguitars.com/index.php?id=1198

Hideous guitars...Thye might play amazingly but they're hideous in my eyes....
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by e32lover
Anyone heard of AXL Guitars? There cheap as chips, i was going to buy one a while ago but thought i better not risk it. Still curious none the less

http://www.axlguitars.com/index.php?id=1198

I love the style of their Badwater guitars but they're only 199$ If they had some mid-high end guitars in the line with say a double locking trem and better electronics I'd probably seriously consider getting one.