Poll: Did Jesus Rise From The Dead?
Poll Options
View poll results: Did Jesus Rise From The Dead?
Yes, and he's coming back!
68 28%
Yes, but he has better things to do and isn't coming back.
13 5%
No, if he existed he just died like everyone else.
111 46%
No, because he didn't exist.
49 20%
Voters: 241.
Page 1 of 3
This is out of curiosity on the heels of the Evolution vs Creationism massacre:

Do you believe Jesus Christ died, was resurrected, and will return in the future to bring some amount of people into Heaven? What <do> you believe about that whole affair?

There's obviously a lot to disagree/agree with there, so take issue with whatever you want.

I fall on the side of a flat "no" to everything but that he died (well, if he lived, he's dead). There are a bunch of smaller arguments to be made but here's one:

A guy prophecies that he will rise from the dead, and most people laugh at him. They kill him, and he DOES come back from the dead. We're now expected to believe that this news wouldn't result in the most of the world instantly converting? Or even writing about it for another hundred years?
I'm agnostic.

I don't think it happened.

The Bible has been translated so many times over the years that there's no way of knowing how twisted the accepted version is from the original.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Of course Jesus existed, it's been proven.

The rest sounds like BS to me...
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

Quote by dudetheman
I'm agnostic.

I don't think it happened.

The Bible has been translated so many times over the years that there's no way of knowing how twisted the accepted version is from the original.

^this is true. I'm Christian (not a very good one methinks) and yes the bible has infact been translated in different ways over time.
Agnostic. Not too familiar with this religion can anyone enlighten me plz?
Why are people such whiney bitches about reporting? It's a poll for ****s sake, he can't put it in the religious thread. Der.
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid

Quote by 3holepunch
Why are people such whiney bitches about reporting? It's a poll for ****s sake, he can't put it in the religious thread. Der.

There wasnt a poll when I reported it... So stfu!
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by thrilla13w
Neither explains abiogenesis.
Why not choose the option which grants you eternal life?

It's not like choosing the option makes it true.

Also, ever think about how awful eternal life would be? Sure the first million years might be awesome, but by the 110 billionth I'd just wish I was dead...
This really doesn't belong. The E vs C thread was aloud because religion and evolution aren't mutually exclusive.

*reported*
Quote by æTonyæ
^this is true. I'm Christian (not a very good one methinks) and yes the bible has infact been translated in different ways over time.

Agnostic is believing in a higher being but just not the current ones out there.
Quote by æTonyæ

Agnostic: a person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, as God, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience.

So basically, someone who thinks that there is a higher power, but we cannot understand it, like the Bible and other holy texts has tried to.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Agnostic: a person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, as God, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience.

So basically, someone who thinks that there is a higher power, but we cannot understand it, like the Bible and other holy texts has tried to.

Thank you
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Well I was close.
Quote by foob85
Agnostic is believing in a higher being but just not the current ones out there.

I thought agnosticism was the belief that we don't know about god, so they don't believe one way or the other?

Also, it's been said, but there is a poll here that can't be added to the religion thread as far as I know. I'm wondering how the numbers fall. I'm guessing it's gonna be something like 25/12/58/5.

edit: my predictions already seem wrong. A lot of people don't think he even existed so far.
Quote by 6DgOfInTb
Of course Jesus existed, it's been proven.

The rest sounds like BS to me...

No it has not.
The only shred of reliable evidence for the existence of Jesus comes from an account 100 years later by Roman historian Taticus who mentioned a man called "christus"while describing his followers.
That's it. One word.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by rock_and_blues
No if he did exsist (I think he did at least live) his body rotted away into the earth just like everyone else's

Yeah and if you knew anything about the relevance in the story of Jesus Christ, you would know that he went back to Heaven-also it's not our bodies that matter, it's our souls.

Goodness-none of you guys should talk about anything unless you have some kind of initial knowledge on the actual person/event/situation. Talk about common sense that just doesn't exist anymore.
Quote by burrit0
Pshh, Christians rebel against evil.

-Gibson Les Paul Custom -
-Random acoustic guitar that's 36 years old -
-Epiphone Dot Deluxe -
-Gibson Les Paul Studio -
-Epiphone PR200E -
Quote by Koreanflow
Yeah and if you knew anything about the relevance in the story of Jesus Christ, you would know that he went back to Heaven-also it's not our bodies that matter, it's our souls.

Goodness-none of you guys should talk about anything unless you have some kind of initial knowledge on the actual person/event/situation. Talk about common sense that just doesn't exist anymore.

Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid

^
True Christians are a minority - 4% of the children in the US who are 18 and younger actually openly say they're dedicated to Christ, so yes, in other words agnostics and atheists are on the rise.
Quote by burrit0

-Epiphone Dot Deluxe -
-Epiphone PR200E -
Quote by Koreanflow
^
True Christians are a minority - 4% of the children in the US who are 18 and younger actually openly say they're dedicated to Christ, so yes, in other words agnostics and atheists are on the rise.

Source?
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Koreanflow

You don't need a half stack.
I am a Christian, but i am not the type to force my beliefs on someone. I am always happy to share my faith, but i think that "overbearing" Christians have driven many people away from God.
Woohoo.
I can't say if he existed or not but if he did he did not die for a bit then come back to life.
Quote by CowboyUp
You don't need a half stack.

Yeah, you're right-I should change it to-"I need something that sounds better." Haha, but honestly, it just doesn't cut it for me since I can barely hear myself over my drummer...
Quote by burrit0

-Epiphone Dot Deluxe -
-Epiphone PR200E -
Quote by Koreanflow
Yeah, you're right-I should change it to-"I need something that sounds better." Haha, but honestly, it just doesn't cut it for me since I can barely hear myself over my drummer...

Meh, a 50 watt tube combo would be plenty loud. I've yet to turn my valveking past 4, though I wouldn't recommend that amp to anybody.
I believe he existed, taught some pretty cool stuff, nice guy...not the saviour though.

I'm a deist.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by Koreanflow

surely you must know God is dead?
Quote by Iplayblues
I am a Christian, but i am not the type to force my beliefs on someone. I am always happy to share my faith, but i think that "overbearing" Christians have driven many people away from God.

Agreed.

But, to be perfectly honest, I didn't become an atheist until I actually started to read the Bible. I started seeing the parallels between Christianity and previous religions, as well as the contradictions and evils espoused, and I basically lost my faith.

The bottom line as I see it is that no one who actually reads the Bible can believe all of it, or take all of it for himself. Everyone picks and chooses what he thinks is beautiful or loving or truthful, and discards the ridiculous, hateful, or spiteful things they disagree with. After all is said and done about the Bible, it makes much more sense that it was written by man than dictated by a God. And, since I know people say that it's lost in translation or something, do you realize how much you have to rationalize away to have that make sense?
Quote by Koreanflow

Talking about common sense, lol wut?
Quote by bullets34
Agreed.

But, to be perfectly honest, I didn't become an atheist until I actually started to read the Bible. I started seeing the parallels between Christianity and previous religions, as well as the contradictions and evils espoused, and I basically lost my faith.

The bottom line as I see it is that no one who actually reads the Bible can believe all of it, or take all of it for himself. Everyone picks and chooses what he thinks is beautiful or loving or truthful, and discards the ridiculous, hateful, or spiteful things they disagree with. After all is said and done about the Bible, it makes much more sense that it was written by man than dictated by a God. And, since I know people say that it's lost in translation or something, do you realize how much you have to rationalize away to have that make sense?

+1

I don't need a book to tell me to love my neighbor; I just do.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Nearly a quarter of people polled so far have said they believe God's coming back, so where are they in posts???

Come on guys, we know you're there.
Quote by bullets34
Agreed.

I started seeing the parallels between Christianity and previous religions, as well as the contradictions and evils espoused, and I basically lost my faith.

I always hear this... But no one has told me any of them... What contradictions?
Quote by Iplayblues

I agree here.. The extremists have definitely pushed people away from God and His word. It's sad really.

As for my vote, I believe He is alive and coming back.
i believe god is going to come bak...dont no when, where, or anything but i believe he is

ppl hav tried to figure out when he is going to happen but no1s really been able to...
Quote by Dardarian
Go to your doktor. UG can't give proper medical advice.

Quote by DanRev
Because it could be a serious answer. What if someone was to make a thread "A song to tell my girlfriend that I caught a nasty STD off her best friend?" We'd all be screwed then.
Last edited by guiatarist59 at Apr 7, 2008,
Quote by guiatarist59
i believe god is going to come bak...dont no when, where, or anything but i believe he is

ppl hav tried to figure out when he is going to happen but no1s really been able to...

i couldnt vote in the poll

Obviously...
Quote by shattamakar

Quote by guiatarist59
i believe god is going to come bak...dont no when, where, or anything but i believe he is and in the apocalypse

ppl hav tried to figure out when the apocalypse is going to happen but no1s really been able to...

i couldnt vote in the poll

Jesus is coming back before then... Rapture, 7 years of Tribulation, judgement.

And there are signs provided in the Bible which tell of when it's going to start.
One of which happens to be when every country turns their backs on Isreal.
Page 1 of 3