I'm in the process of building an guitar or putting together a guitar. The specs are:

Ibanez presitge basswood body
Ibanez Wizard 2 neck
Ibanez edge pro/lo pro trem
Schaller Straploks
Killswitch

The only problem I have is which pickups. I want to be able to cover alot of genres. Everything from a heavy distortion deftones/metallica sound to a cleaner gilmour sound.

I was planning on using a dimarzio Evo 2 bridge, some form of a dimarzio hum cancelling single in the middle, and a PAF Pro. But I've seen many people mention the seymour duncan SH-10 and SH-2.

Can you guys suggest the perfect pickup combo for my playing style. It has to be passive pickups though.

Oh, I have a Fender Princeton 65 amp w/DSP so a new amp is out of the question.
Quote by forsaknazrael
I'm not a fan of the Evo. If you want fat, thick tones from your Bridge, go to the Breed.

Oh yea, if you want a fat, thick, big and round.....oh yea......oh yea.....u get your breed on fo'sho.
Last edited by dogismycopilot at Apr 7, 2008,
Quote by Redsx158
I'm in the process of building an guitar or putting together a guitar. The specs are:

Ibanez presitge basswood body
Ibanez Wizard 2 neck
Ibanez edge pro/lo pro trem
Schaller Straploks
Killswitch

The only problem I have is which pickups. I want to be able to cover alot of genres. Everything from a heavy distortion deftones/metallica sound to a cleaner gilmour sound.

I was planning on using a dimarzio Evo 2 bridge, some form of a dimarzio hum cancelling single in the middle, and a PAF Pro. But I've seen many people mention the seymour duncan SH-10 and SH-2.

Can you guys suggest the perfect pickup combo for my playing style. It has to be passive pickups though.

Oh, I have a Fender Princeton 65 amp w/DSP so a new amp is out of the question.

Why not just buy an RG Prestige, then put Breeds in it? I don't see the point in building something you could have bought.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Redsx158
it ends up being cheaper and I want the experience because I'm going to start building guitars for myself

I doubt it'll be much cheaper if you want to build it from genuine Ibanez parts.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

I'm already building it and by my calculations it'll be a little cheaper than had I bought a presitge. But even if it isn't I'm willing to pay the extra to get some experience. So the thing is
I'm looking for a pickup I can get nice lows out of and a nice hard rock sound for the bridge
a nice classic rock esq sound for the neck
and I nice strat esq gilmour type of sound for the middle

so recommendations please
I herd a recording of SWTA with the EVO pickup compared to a recording to others. That pickup has too much output. Way too overbearing. I bought a breed because I've herd sound clips with a setup close to mine and it sounds great.
Breeds all the way - I see no evidence of shred in the original post so that rules out Evos.

Stick a Fast Track or FS-1 in the middle.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc