on the G string, i can bend townards, theres enough freboard room to.. but if im doing a full bend on the B or E string... i have to push upwards to get that full bend....
only my finger/finger nail will touch that string right below it (B string bend, finger will tough the G string)
should i try to only use my middle and ring finger to do bends, and mute all the other strings with my index finger? (kind of laying it over all of them vertically)

also, do you guys have any links on how to do a proper bend? ... holding my hand straight up and down seems a bit tough on the fingers.
theres a good video of marty friedman doing techniques hes a master bender and vibratoer

im sure u cna find it on youtube u could also look for some videos on bending from satriani, vai, malmsteen, petrucci there masters at guitar.
That is something I have been struggling with a bit and my teacher gave me some good tips. I use my first finger to push the lower string up and out of the way and really bend the string with my 2nd and 3rd fingers. Then when you release the bend the first finger kind of stays there to keep clear of the other string.

I also angle my fingers and then twist the wrist to bend so that the fingers move to a more straight up and down position. When I first started taking lessons, bending was what I needed the most help with. I'm still not perfect, but I have become a lot better at it. I am still trying to get a nice vibrato on bends, though. My teacher is great at it.
Epi Les Paul Standard with BB Pros
Vox 847A Wah->Fulltone Fulldrive 2->EHX Big Muff Pi->DD-3->EHX SMMwH->Fender Blues Deluxe
I might be misunderstanding what you described in your first paragraph nickernzen, but that sounds very weird and unheard of.

I see no problem why you cannot simply bend upwards. Your fretting hand's fingers WILL touch the string not being bent just above, but if your pick-hand plays only the note meant to be bent, you should not get any unnecessary noise coming from the other strings. Simply push upwards and the string above it will also be pushed by one of your finger's fingertips, but since its not being played by the picking-hand, it should not be a problem.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
dude, how can u have probs bending? i just use my palm to mute the ones above it and go at it angus style
meh
Quote by Eternal_One
I might be misunderstanding what you described in your first paragraph nickernzen, but that sounds very weird and unheard of.

I see no problem why you cannot simply bend upwards. Your fretting hand's fingers WILL touch the string not being bent just above, but if your pick-hand plays only the note meant to be bent, you should not get any unnecessary noise coming from the other strings. Simply push upwards and the string above it will also be pushed by one of your finger's fingertips, but since its not being played by the picking-hand, it should not be a problem.

Yeah I probably didn't describe it too well, but I am basically saying the same thing. The first fingertip pushes the string out of the way and keeps it muted.
Epi Les Paul Standard with BB Pros
Vox 847A Wah->Fulltone Fulldrive 2->EHX Big Muff Pi->DD-3->EHX SMMwH->Fender Blues Deluxe