recommend me some good programs to write music
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
I like transcribing my stuff into Guitar Pro. Otherwise, buy some black staff and a pen.
there are alot of reasons most people on UG would answer Guitar Pro, here are a couple. Easy to get at no cost, simple to use, effective.
Finale is the most powerful. Sibelius comes in second. Sibelius is also easier to use but is limited in terms of plug-ins and sounds(some features of Finale are fantastic after you get around their, imo, poor interface). Finale notepad is free but it sucks. These are the only one's I've ever used. But I'm sure there are a lot of others.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
guitar pro is pretty awesome
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
Quote by jamogod
there are alot of reasons most people on UG would answer Guitar Pro, here are a couple. Easy to get at no cost, simple to use, effective.

Where can I get this? Can you find me a link? I need it badly.

TS, I was about to ask the same question, but you beat me to it, oddly enough.
It depends. Are you composing music with anything other than guitar? For guitar there isn't anything much better than PowerTab, or GuitarPro acquired from methods other than paying, if you catch my meaning. For anything other than guitar I recommend Finale or Sibelius. They're just more powerful, but can't compare in guitar to the guitar tailored PowerTab or GuitarPro. The only problem is they can get expensive. Actually, Finale Notepad (the free version of Finale) is half decent, as long as you've never tried one of the more fully featured version like PrintMusic or the full on Finale.
I've used Finale for the past 12 years and love it.

I've heard great things about Sibelius, though.

i'm so lame, i enjoy fruity loops and midi writing with good vst/vsti's in acid.

i rarely think in note values though so sibelus/finale would surely drive me even more insane.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Where can I get this? Can you find me a link? I need it badly.

TS, I was about to ask the same question, but you beat me to it, oddly enough.

pm me for the link, ill hook you up