I've searched the forums and the google and I havent really found anything about how to publish sheet music. Could anybody help me here? When I saw sheet music i mean like contemporary classical and things like that, like real full ensemble music and solo or duet type pieces. Any help would be very appreciated, thank you.
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
you'd need a desktop publisher for a start (Adobe InDesign, Scribus)

and i don't know what else, maybe Garageband or GuitarPro/TuxGuitar?
SMALL CLONE of the EHX User's Guild

Quote by Ishiga
NOSOUPFORYOU.

Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
this is barely a question. only an idiot would buy a zune.
I *think* you might be confusing the word "publishing" I think you mean copyright. In music business, publishing means getting/buying copyrights and then selling them to artists or companies or whoever wants them. It's a complicated business of licensing, entertainment law, and marketing. From what I learned when I worked for Harry Fox Agency(for like 2-3months), publishing is a pretty evil, rotten business IMO

EDIT: oh wait, did you just mean software for making a composition? If so, I just came from a software thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=832363 if that's the case, you can see what people have to say in that.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Last edited by KryptNet at Apr 7, 2008,
No, I actually want help on how to get it to companies

edit: Also, just to add on, I already have Sibelius to type it into and make nice sheets of the actual music
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
No, I actually want help on how to get it to companies/QUOTE]

Well then you need to find a publisher. Most people that deal with actual self compositions/orchestrations(the whole 2 people I know that is) collaborate without companies. Cause they'll steal more then you'll ever get back.

So hopefully, you can find an independent publisher that's willing to market your composition. hope that helped.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Send a sample to a few major publishers (Schott publish a lot of contemporary music, Boosey and Hawkes might be worth a shot) and if they accept, but give you a crappy offer, then look out for small firms that might cut you a better deal, and tell them that other major publishers were willing to publish you. That will also be an incentive for them to offer you a better deal.
Sweet, that really helps but like how much should i send? a whole piece or two or like a few good snippets of 6 or 7 pieces?
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
Quote by jimmiew
Sweet, that really helps but like how much should i send? a whole piece or two or like a few good snippets of 6 or 7 pieces?

It depends on how long the pieces are. If you have a couple of 20 minute pieces, that should be enough, but if they're around 5 minutes, I'd send as many as possible. If you have 6 or 7 lying around, I'd send them all.
Sweet, thanks everyone I think I've got the info i want now
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer

Quote by xDie_Romanticx