I took guitar lessons for quite some time, but I just feel like all the theory that I learned is starting to all unravel. I just want to restart and really focus more on it and how it applies to an instrument - like guitar. I just want to relearn all this stuff and get a sturdier base of knowledge so I can ultimately become a better player and express my ideas better. I want to make a checklist and revisit a whole bunch of stuff - spending a few days on each topic. Can anyone give me any ideas on where to begin? I want to take pretty much a beginner approach even though I know some stuff.

The first thing I am going to do is learn the notes of the fretboard to a greater degree. I think if I really know those notes, it will help me visualize scales and such.

The second thing I am going to do is probably look at the notes of each scale and apply that knowledge to guitar (circle of fifths basically) because I was always a little iffy on the actual notes.

Anyone have any ideas on what other stuff I can do?

Has anyone done this?
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Well learn about the mods, and how to use them.
Looking for a new sig!
Quote by samerika
Well learn about the mods, and how to use them.

Learning modes is not a good place to begin learning theory. A complete understanding of the major scale beforehand is essential.
he never asked where to begin with, he just asked what things could he learn
Looking for a new sig!
Quote by samerika
he never asked where to begin with, he just asked what things could he learn

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
Can anyone give me any ideas on where to begin? I want to take pretty much a beginner approach even though I know some stuff.

Guess you missed that then.
Oh yeah, im soo sorry i just read that, weird i missed it the first time.
Looking for a new sig!
its not as much about learning new stuff, I know a lot of theory but I don't think that I know these ideas as well as I should. I am just looking for ideas on stuff I should revisit.
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic