I need a amazing blues solo. I don't want it to be fast and have shred. I want a solo with sooo much feeling that it's crazy. If you have ever seen John Mayer Covered in rain live in Alabama then you will know what i mean. Hopefully you can give some songs that i can work with. Thanks!
Quote by :-D
SRV - Rude Mood, Pride and Joy, Life Without You, Lenny, basically anything by him.

Aren't most of his solo's fast. I would rather have something slow with a tone of feeling.
Rude Mood's fast but not the whole way though, Pride And Joy is fairly uptempo, but those last two are not. If you're looking for "a ton of feeling" they're perfect. YouTube Life Without You and Lenny and you'll see what I mean.

And just because something's fast doesn't mean there's no feeling.
Quote by zaffie8808
Aren't most of his solo's fast. I would rather have something slow with a tone of feeling.

SRV was an unbelievable guitarist; to accuse any of his solos of lacking feeling is basically a crime against guitar.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by zaffie8808
Im look for solo's here though!

What the **** are you talking about? I gave you some of the most respected pieces of blues guitar work from one of the most respected blues guitarists ever. Listen to those pieces.
chuck schuldiner's solos were almost always fast, but you could definattely feel alot of emotion in them. listen to the song Crystal Mountain.
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
Quote by McGelie
chuck schuldiner's solos were almost always fast, but you could definattely feel alot of emotion in them. listen to the song Crystal Mountain.

He said "blues solos" though.
Quote by :-D
He said "blues solos" though.

oh sorry. didn't see that.
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
Quote by zaffie8808

Stevie Ray Vaughan is widely renowned as one of the most soulful guitarists ever.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by zaffie8808
I need a amazing blues solo. I don't want it to be fast and have shred. I want a solo with sooo much feeling that it's crazy. If you have ever seen John Mayer Covered in rain live in Alabama then you will know what i mean. Hopefully you can give some songs that i can work with. Thanks!

make your own god damn solo.
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
or some texas flood by the old SRV

personally I think his songs are full of emotion and expression....guitar-wise
"Lenny" is slow and soulful. Songs by other guys I'd recommend are "Blues Deluxe" by Joe Bonamassa, "Little Wing" by Jimi Hendrix, and even "While We Cry" by Kenny Wayne Shepherd.

-g13
Quote by zaffie8808

Feeling is not an inherent property music, and if it were, it and "fast" would most certainly not be mutually exclusive.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
I know Covered in rain by Mayer and he use a SRV solo and thats really fast. SRV his the reference for emotion. Lenny , Riviera Paradise and Little wing are my favorite.
I know you said blues, but have a listen to Passion, by the Hellecasters.
Quote by isaac_bandits
I find that David Gilmour's solos are usually very slow and "emotive", although not bluesy at all.

"At all" is stretching it pretty far.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by zaffie8808

you DO realize that a solo with a lot of feeling has nothing to do with speed right? i could give you a solo to play that i feel is very emotional but that doesnt mean you playing it will automatically give the same feelings. feeling comes from inside you. you either play with emotion or you dont. some people are better at conveying emotions through music than others though. its not the notes you play, its how you play them.

and just to make a point, speed does not = no emotion. thats an absurd comment made by many blues players for some reason. i am a blues player myself actually. but speed doesnt mean all of a sudden you have no feeling. look at blues piano players. they play fast lines a lot. but for some reason its ok for them to do it but not guitar players. it doesnt make sense. i think its just because of how the older blues players played. and id argue they only played slower simple stuff because they just picked up the guitar and never really had any lessons or anything really to learn from. plus a lot of old blues is more about the song than actual soloing.

BB king says say more with less. but i say say what you mean. if you hear more notes, play them. if you want to play fast, do it. blues is about expressing YOUR feelings....not playing someone elses idea of the blues.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
"At all" is stretching it pretty far.

+1 hes a very blues based guitarist. The style hes playing over isnt blues, meaning its not a blues structure, but what hes playing solo-wise is drawn from the blues for sure.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
you DO realize that a solo with a lot of feeling has nothing to do with speed right? i could give you a solo to play that i feel is very emotional but that doesnt mean you playing it will automatically give the same feelings. feeling comes from inside you. you either play with emotion or you dont. some people are better at conveying emotions through music than others though. its not the notes you play, its how you play them.

and just to make a point, speed does not = no emotion. thats an absurd comment made by many blues players for some reason. i am a blues player myself actually. but speed doesnt mean all of a sudden you have no feeling. look at blues piano players. they play fast lines a lot. but for some reason its ok for them to do it but not guitar players. it doesnt make sense. i think its just because of how the older blues players played. and id argue they only played slower simple stuff because they just picked up the guitar and never really had any lessons or anything really to learn from. plus a lot of old blues is more about the song than actual soloing.

BB king says say more with less. but i say say what you mean. if you hear more notes, play them. if you want to play fast, do it. blues is about expressing YOUR feelings....not playing someone elses idea of the blues.

Some very good points man. I know alot of people have that problem thinking playing fast means no emotion.

I think they get the idea because unfortunately there are some players that focus soley on speed and don't use the instrument to express themselves emotionally, but instead approach it strictly as a sport where thier success is measured by stats (such as NPS). What happens is people hear these players and use them as a stereotype for playing fast in general. Keep in mind these misconceptions go both ways. they're annoying, but will likely always be around.
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Apr 19, 2008,