Hi, i have recently bought a washburn wi65pro with the buzz feiten tuning system installed.

I have also bought a korg dt7 tuner which has a buzz feiten tuning system mode on it.

Here is the problem, how do i tune the guitar down to say d standard or drop c?

the dt7 only detects the notes e a d g b e, its basically only made to work with standard tuning. so what should i do?

apparantly using a normal tuner and tuning all the Es is one way of tuning with buzz feiten so for d standard shall i tune all the Ds? what about drop C though?

thanks
Can't you just use the chromatic mode to tune?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Can't you just use the chromatic mode to tune?

well i could but won't that mean the intonation will be way off?

you know what i do not understand the buzz feiten system at all.

will tuning using a chromatic tuner as i would any other guitar give me bad results or would it be just the same as on any other guitar?
Quote by Sepulturick
well i could but won't that mean the intonation will be way off?

you know what i do not understand the buzz feiten system at all.

will tuning using a chromatic tuner as i would any other guitar give me bad results or would it be just the same as on any other guitar?

I've looked at the buzz feiten website and as long as you tune your guitar well it shouldn't really be a problem, the thing shouldn't affect the open note only intonation.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
If there is a flat button I beleive you press it to maxium to make it drop c, but don't quote me on that.
SG Commando #8, PM YOUNGBLOOD to join
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Boss DS-1
Boss DD-6
Waiting On Vox VT15 or VT30
Quote by RiFf_RoCk3r_24
If there is a flat button I beleive you press it to maxium to make it drop c, but don't quote me on that.

Unfortunately no, the Buzz Feiten mode on the DT7 doesn't have a flat button but it does have a chromatic mode which is perfectly useable.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Unfortunately no, the Buzz Feiten mode on the DT7 doesn't have a flat button but it does have a chromatic mode which is perfectly useable.

so using a chromatic tuner would work but just not aswell as using the buzz feiten mode? i want my guitar to be in tune thats all. i am starting to get very annoyed with the whole buzz feiten thing
Quote by Sepulturick
so using a chromatic tuner would work but just not aswell as using the buzz feiten mode? i want my guitar to be in tune thats all. i am starting to get very annoyed with the whole buzz feiten thing

Like I said; as long as you tune your guitar well you should be fine using any tuner, I think the whole "buzz-feiten mode" thing is just a marketing ploy to sell more DT7s.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.