I just bought a Taylor 614ce used. The strings on it are pretty old....what recommendations for strings to get for my taylor 614ce
as per the taylor website a new 614 ce comes with Elixir® Light Gauge Strings with NANOWEB®
^ Yep. And the gauges of those are: .012, .016, .024w, .032w, .042w, .053w, where "w" = wound string. I use 'em all the time.
Not trying to sound like a jerk here but anybody that spends almost $3k on a guitar should have a pretty good idea about strings... and like most people try out different strings and find what "you" like.
i spent 9 months figuring out what brand i like, then another 2 months figuring out what string guage to go for.

EDIT: i use Martin SP Phosphor Bronze in Lights.
Quote by captivate
i spent 9 months figuring out what brand i like, then another 2 months figuring out what string guage to go for.

EDIT: i use Martin SP Phosphor Bronze in Lights.

Yup, some strings just sound 'off'. It usually takes me awhile to settle on the right string. I start with Elixer Lights, and work my way from there.

Personally on my Taylor, the light guage strings are prefect, the bottom end doesn't suffer like it does on lower end guitars.
Originally posted by turinbrakes
actually YOU SUCK

"I once read a poem, held my breath
But that moment's gone
First time I felt life, somewhat hurts
Need an option and some hope "

Anders Fridén