Poll Options
View poll results: Better Musicians?
Japan
26 24%
America
83 76%
Voters: 109.
Page 1 of 2
So I remember seeing a thread on which country has overall better guitarists, and America pretty much won.

Now today in band class, we were watching videos of various orchestral and symphonic high school bands from japan, and they were phenomenal. They sounded better than a lot of professional bands in the U.S.

So pit, which country do you believe has the best musicians overall, America, or Japan?
versus threads... they're everywhere
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Japan, but really Korea is probably the best for guitar and many other things.
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
ooohh....Japan has better orchestral and techno and America has all the rock and metalz. Country and rap of course don't count.

I'm gonna have to think about this one.
Signature temporarily empty
hard to say, most people who would vote for America is because they don't know any Japanese musicians or never heard any Japanese orchestra or bands
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Canada.

EDIT: Look up Gentaro for an amazing Japanese guitarist on Youtube. Japanese guitarists are really amazing however most of their solos are much more melodic rather than flashy like many American guitarists are. Guess depends what you like.

But I think I prefer American guitarists, listened to them before Japanese and I'd rather understand what the artist is trying to say in their song.
Last edited by Kurt-Corgan at Apr 7, 2008,
japan has a higher percentage of good guitarists because they have less overall, america more guitarists overall, but also has a lot of crappy ones
Quote by pwninator123
EPIC LOLZ FROM THE LEFTY!!!!!!

Quote by death.prog
Ugh...

When I brought up this page, so much fail dumped out of my computer screen and all over my hands, severely damaging my ability as a musician.
well, America has Soulja Boy, and Japan has.... Japanese people.

So...

America. Superman Dat Hoe.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
You guys are all wrong. China is definately the best! They have Herman Ri!
Well, Japan has all the 8-year old Asian kids that are amazing at violin...

Then again, so does America...but Japan has more of them, so...Japan.
The.
Quote by foob85
England.

Page? Hendrix (was discovered in London)? Howe?
Come on!

Beck, Murray, yeah I know.

But the skill in japan blows England and America on their asses.

In my opinion, of course
Just depends on genre. Japanese people are very dedicated to practice but i think they tend to do covers and not actually make new music
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Lookatthis97787.jpg[/img]
Japan has some of the stupidest music I've ever heard. My sister loves it and sings along to it and finds poor translations of them on the internet, while I get a headache.

Then again, I'm sure they think somewhat the same about our music, so who am I to argue?
I'm a communist. Really.
I just ask myself, do I listen to music mostly from america or japan? America by far. Japan have alot of great orchestras but they don't have the same impact on music that american musicians have.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
America seems to reinvent music, making it better, Japan just plays our stuff with Japanese lyrics and calls it pop.
go figure

ok in all seriousness, Japan's not that bad (i happen to be taking Japanese as my FL credit in high school and dont ask how it got to JAPANESE ) they got some purty cool music going on, but im American, my music's mainly American
you know thoes little japanese kids..... giv them a flute and theyll dedicate their lives to it.... but in good music.... america uber pwns
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out.

-Timothy Leary
well let's look at some of the guitarists America has produced:

Marty Friedman
Steve Vai
Eric Johnson
John Petrucci
Jimi Hendrix
Stevie Ray Vaughan
BB King
Kirk Hammet
Dave Mustaine
Slash
Alex Skolnik
Tom Morello
John Frusciante

not to mention the other countless jazz, blues, rock, metal, and country guitarists. I don't think japan has a larger amount of better guitarists, it's just asian guitarists "stick out" more because people are more used to white guitarists.
Quote by RandyVanhalen13
you know thoes little japanese kids..... giv them a flute and theyll dedicate their lives to it.... but in good music.... america uber pwns

Like they've all got aspergers syndrome
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
in terms of technical skill i would have to say the japanese have better musicians, but i don't know of many amazing japanese composers. i've also never listened to a japanese band so i'm going to say that IMO america has more composing talent
The Suzuki Method owns any type of Western early education.

Quote by snow blind
in terms of technical skill i would have to say the japanese have better musicians, but i don't know of many amazing japanese composers. i've also never listened to a japanese band so i'm going to say that IMO america has more composing talent

Japanese composers created some of the wonderful music that accompanied your favorite video games as a child.
Quote by Spamwise
well let's look at some of the guitarists America has produced:

Marty Friedman
Steve Vai
Eric Johnson
John Petrucci
Jimi Hendrix
Stevie Ray Vaughan
BB King
Kirk Hammet
Dave Mustaine
Slash
Alex Skolnik
Tom Morello
John Frusciante

not to mention the other countless jazz, blues, rock, metal, and country guitarists. I don't think japan has a larger amount of better guitarists, it's just asian guitarists "stick out" more because people are more used to white guitarists.

guitarists =/= only musicians
Quote by zombie_monster
guitarists =/= only musicians

I thought he said guitarists, but w/e. Don't forget that jazz was basically started in America, so there have been hundreds of incredibly skilled jazz musicians in its past.
Quote by Lord Of Donkeys
ooohh....Japan has better orchestral and techno and America has all the rock and metalz. Country and rap of course don't count.

I'm gonna have to think about this one.

Out of those two countries, but a lot of people will say that europe has the best metal, countries like Germany.

I think America has the best orchestra, I mean the Boston Pops are known world wide. But I am saying this of off bias because i havent heard any of Japan's orchestras.
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by Spamwise
I thought he said guitarists, but w/e. Don't forget that jazz was basically started in America, so there have been hundreds of incredibly skilled jazz musicians in its past.

Don't forget Blues or old school Rock 'N' Roll.
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

Quote by Paquijón

Japanese composers created some of the wonderful music that accompanied your favorite video games as a child.

i hadn't thought of that but i still don't think that a few catchy video game tracks make much difference.

think of how many japanese musicians are popular in america, not very many, but a fair number of american mucisians are popular in japan and western style of music has an obvious effect on japanese mainstream
Quote by Aftertime
hard to say, most people who would vote for America is because they don't know any Japanese musicians or never heard any Japanese orchestra or bands

Loudness-let it go. check that out on youtube. they're a great band from japan or w/e. look japan too me.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
japanese are good at copying music.

americans are good at writing music.

it just has to do with the cultures, and american culture
pushes creativity more than japan. so i'm gonna go with
america, but i must admit they do a damn good job of copying.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
Quote by Archaon
AMERICA.

**** YEAH!

sorry.

What I thought when I saw this poll.
I'd say neither and choose Somalia because damn they know how to get a beat! It's like they have a built-in Korg metronome rack or something.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
Blues originated in America, and it is the single most influential genre ever.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Quote by dickman123
jimi hendrix

'nuff said

Last I checked, Jimi Hendrix isn't a country.
Quote by Archaon
AMERICA.

Here to save the mother****ing day yeah!
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
Page 1 of 2