Hey... This is just a thread for anyone to post anything about their favorite Rock Magazine
For starters:
Your fav. tabs they've done, or ones you want in the future.
Favorite columnists.
Favorite gear featured.
Or just your favorite issue.
POST AWAY!!!! ::type
Quote by bendystraw

"dOOd your guitars way out of tune."

me:"its in drop D idiot"

him:"ill drop D on your mom!"
Last edited by joshgiesbrecht at Apr 7, 2008,
the March o8' issue when Dime was voted for the HOF was a great issue

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
i just got a 12 month subscription as a present, i'm pretty happy.
The tab of almost easy was really helpful, as was Protest the Hero playing Bloodmeat on the cd/dvd. I love those guys! PTH rock.
Quote by Nutman69
i think ur gonna get flamed pretty bad.

Gear:
Peavey 5150 Combo
LTD MH-1000 NT
Schecter 007 Elite
Line 6 Pod XT Live
i get really tired of there always being two metal tabs then some current pop song

love the magazine tho, i like reading reviews

and they needa get off the "everyone needs to worship dimebag/slash/van halen's nuts" bandwagon
i'm a big fan of MAB's column "time to burn." i always love playing what he has to transcribe, especially his string skipping arpeggios w/ tapping!! it just seems fun to play what he has to show in his column.

and i've also always liked the back page "a vulgar display of power" where it shows different guitarist's live rigs.

anyway, juts got the new issue today w/ slash and joe perry on the cover, GW definitely gets a thumbs up in my book!
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
On the website there's a poll to pick which Alice in Chains song you want them to tab in coming months. I couldn't pick though because they're all such good songs, and so different.
Any ideas UG?
Quote by Nutman69
i think ur gonna get flamed pretty bad.

Gear:
Peavey 5150 Combo
LTD MH-1000 NT
Schecter 007 Elite
Line 6 Pod XT Live
Quote by sabres61
i'm a big fan of MAB's column "time to burn." i always love playing what he has to transcribe, especially his string skipping arpeggios w/ tapping!! it just seems fun to play what he has to show in his column.

and i've also always liked the back page "a vulgar display of power" where it shows different guitarist's live rigs.

anyway, juts got the new issue today w/ slash and joe perry on the cover, GW definitely gets a thumbs up in my book!

i love that section, but i REALLY wish they would do a broader type of guitarists, its like the last 4 issues ive gotten have been some type of metal player
Quote by 123-Trav
i just got a 12 month subscription as a present, i'm pretty happy.
The tab of almost easy was really helpful, as was Protest the Hero playing Bloodmeat on the cd/dvd. I love those guys! PTH rock.

haha..Thats awesome, I just got a subscription to for christmas.. Though it only started coming 2 monthes ago.. Soo good. though. Soo pumped... Yeah their a Canadian band too eh.. Not that I'm a fan or anything.. My friend likes them though
Quote by bendystraw

i like guitar world over guitarplayer.com . i love my rollingstone....
音乐是生活
Music is Life

Ibanez RG2550Z, Edwards Jimmy Page LP Relic Custom, 06 Fender Clapton SS, Line6 Spider III 112, Peavey Classic 30, Boss HD-1, Boss Green Label Chorus, Boss SD1 Overdrive, MXR Fuzz, Blues Breaker
my favorite issue is the one with slash on the cover with the snake. that one is baller
Quote by GeneralGrim
I dunno, that magazine has sort of gone way down hill in my opinion.

i agree but i still read it they feature too much metal. they need to cover some more on indie and blues.
i liked that hair band thing in the protest the hero video, i hadnt ever thought of that before
Quote by nt1440
i love that section, but i REALLY wish they would do a broader type of guitarists, its like the last 4 issues ive gotten have been some type of metal player

no kidding eh.. I used to be the BIGGGEST metal fan.. Now.. Just classic rock (zep, hendrix etc).. I hate how they always have these metalers now!
Quote by bendystraw

i just got the guitar hero issue and even though i love the game,i think its kinda sad that they have to resort to a video game.and like every other magazine has slash or van halen on the cover.i love the magazine though
Quote by Rush_fan2112
i want to walk down the streets of a very large, populized city (one like toronto, or new york) wearing a wonder woman costume and eating a stick of butter

Quote by figsandbobo
I can eat a 16" no problem.
GuitarWorld honestly has lost a fan. It sucks now....it used to be great.

Maybe I've matured and want something more than "The Gods Teach You to Play: Lessons by Dimebag, Van Halen, and Slash!" or "How to Dress Like A Rockstar" or "Lamb of God Show You Six Crushing Riffs!" . I've moved on to GuitarPlayer. I can find Jazz, Country, Blues, World, Acoustic....more reviews, learn different styles...much better lessons.

In conclusion:
GuitarPlayer>GuitarWorld.
I'm sick of it. Guitar player is way better. Guitar World had a ****ing 3 page article on how to dress like a 'rocker'. awesome. great ****ing info. I'd rather have a magazine full of people I don't know then one with half avenged sevenfold half van halen.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Keep 'em coming people. I'm seeing GREAT feedback!!!
Quote by bendystraw

Guitar One(RIP), they focused on many different styles and types of players which helped vary my music taste, it was also more oriented toward teaching, I felt I got more out of it as a player than Guitar World which Im currently subscribed to.
Quote by diminishedtobme
Guitar One(RIP), they focused on many different styles and types of players which helped vary my music taste, it was also more oriented toward teaching, I felt I got more out of it as a player than Guitar World which Im currently subscribed to.

GuitarOne went downhill towards the end before it got purchased by GuitarWorld.

Now GuitarWorld Acoustic was a magaizne!

I used to like Guitar World, but every issue now has something to do with dimebag or van halen and its just annoying. I like GuitarPlayer better, it actually teaches you something.
Keep 'em coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by bendystraw