I have an old Silvertone amp. As you may or may not know, the speaker cable and plug are part of the amp (can't be readily removed). The power cable is not grounded. After hearing several horror stories about people being shocked by ungrounded electronics, I have been scared to play through a big amp head. Is it possible to cut a hole in it and install the grounded plug? If so, how would I go about this?
You have to buy a 3 prong grounded plug first. Then you unsolder the old plug, and replace the two hot wires where the original hot wires were attached. Then you have a few possibilities. You could be lucky, and have an amp with a 1 part Star Ground. Then all you have to do, is to connect the grounded part of the cable to the star ground, and you're done. If not, you have to find each individual star ground for the different voltage sections of the amp... and connect the ground plug of the cord to each of those.

Hopefully that helps and i'm correct. Feel free to add or correct guys...
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
Does that amp have a power transformer? The ones without are quite dangerous.
Quote by mr_hankey
Does that amp have a power transformer? The ones without are quite dangerous.

huh? Without a PT wouldnt your B+ be 120V (in North America). Thats a third of most B+s/