I got me a used peavey classic 30 off ebay. the guy said it had fresh JJ Tesla tubes in it. Are those pretty good tubes for a classic rock sound? I cant wait till it gets here. This will be my first tube amp. By the way in currently using a marshall mg 100. I hope this amp sounds as good as everyone says compared to my MG
Yeah JJs are great for rock. And yes, it'll make your MG look and sound like a kids' toy.

Even so, you might feel totally underwhelmed when you first try it. Until you get a chance to
play at decent volume you'll wonder what all the fuss was about...
I live by myself and there isnt any housing near me so cracking it wont be a problem lol. I noticed it doesnt have a standby switch, so should i just turn it on and let it set a min or so before i play it? This may sound dumb i just wanna make sure i use it correctly
Congratz from graduating from the "OMG ITZAMARSHALL!!111" to a tube amp.
thanks lol ya i think im in for a treat. My friends i play with think that MG i have is the awesome. They'll probably faint when they this new high voltage tube machine haha. I have a POD XT live i use currently. Would it be ok to use it with my Classic 30 for the effects (delay, reverb, and maybe the wah pedal) or will using it kill my tube tone?
Quote by rseiberos2002
thanks lol ya i think im in for a treat. My friends i play with think that MG i have is the awesome. They'll probably faint when they this new high voltage tube machine haha. I have a POD XT live i use currently. Would it be ok to use it with my Classic 30 for the effects (delay, reverb, and maybe the wah pedal) or will using it kill my tube tone?

If you put it in the effects loop(if it has one). I can never remember if it has a loop.
I think ill get me a real Cry Baby Wah later on tho because i believe a real one would sound better than the one on my POD XT Live. What do you think?
Epiphone LP Standard
MartinDCX1E
Peavey Classic 30
Marshall Mg100DFX
Sure, just stay away from the original unless you mod it.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
^I guess. But it may just be better for him to stretch his budget by 30 bucks and get something more worthwhile.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Kudos on getting the Classic 30. It's a fantastic amp.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Well done on the amp, its a great little amp, perfect for rock and blues.

In answer about the POD, yes IMO it will kill a few bit of the tube tone, and also please dont get the crybaby wah unless your going to mod it, the Vox V847 is a better wah for the price, and its also moddable if you want to do that in the future.
Is the Fender Hot Rod preety much the same as the Classic 30?
Just wondering >.>