Neck: For a really good clean or nice lead.
Neck+Mid: For a really bluesy, fat tone.
Mid: I don't really use this much, I guess when I want a lot of bite from my tone.
Mid+Bridge: Replaced it with Neck+Bridge for a really warm smooth tone.
Bridge (Humbucker): I use it when playing classic rock or heavier stufff (mine seems to be really quacky and crunchy, perfect for Zeppelin )

so, how about you guys? I'm really curious as to what you guys use your strats for.
---▲===
Pink Floyd
Gotta love the HSS..neck/middle combo is perfect for cleans, and the bucker can get awesome classic rock to lighter metal sounds.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Does you humbucker sound really quacky and have a lot of reverb? Mine does for some reason.
---▲===
Pink Floyd
I use a Les Paul Deluxe, but just on guitars in general I'm a neck pickup *****. I love that smooth creamy sound of the neck pickup for most anything but the hardest of rock, metal and punk.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Usually, its like this. I use my Bridge Humbucker (Seymour Duncan) for distorted rythm playing, and my neck pickup for cleans and distorted lead. I cant get over a warm smooth tone for my lead playing. Bridge pups are just too bright for my lead.
Although, I recently installed a Neck-On switch, which lets me use my Bridge and Neck pups at the same time. So, I can get that crunchy, bright tone from the Bridge combo'd with a bassier tone from the Neck. Together, it produces a gorgeous "Scooped" sound for riffage.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
I use them all, depends on how I feel at the time

Sometimes you have to use a particular setting though, like Sweet Home Alabama = bridge and middle.
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat
Washburn HB35
PRS Santana SE
Yamaha Pacifica 112MX
Vox AD30VT
Fender Champion 600
Dunlop wah
Danelectro Cool Cat fuzz
Quote by Grimpenguin
Does you humbucker sound really quacky and have a lot of reverb? Mine does for some reason.

I dunno about strat but my Ibanez Bridge has alots of that. Never a fan of it so I often used the neck humbucker pickup.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

neck:cleans, nice thick leads
bridge: humbucker. distortion. leads. going to switch to a fralin "vintage hot" single coil though.

i don't use the 2,3 and 4 positions. Maybe sometimes the middle. Maybe I should switch to the 3 position switch. heard it sounds better.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
I pretty much use the neck all the time for most things, sometimes middle, and sometimes the neck+bridge for cleans
American Strat HSS w/ Tex Mex pickups

Neck: Fat, bassy ballsy, blues tone. Mainly for Hendrix and SRV deep blues and acid.
Neck+Middle: Generally use for cleaner stuff, Jazz and sparkling cleans.
Middle: Alittle brighter, I use it alot for some tinny sounding rock.
Middle+Bridge: Country and only country twang.
Bridge: Heavy distorted rock, and I turn down the tone knob for a B.B. King vibe.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
I've got an HSS strat with EMGs. I don't leave the bridge much, 'cept for the occasional clean on the neck.
i cant believe so many use the neck pick up all the time. i only use it if im playing clean/blues

i love the bridge pick up because it is so clear for lead/hendrix play
Do you guys prefer a humbucker in the bridge or a single coil? I love the bucker in mine, gives a really nice crunchy Zeppelin/ACDC tone. Whats weird is that my strat using neck+Bridge gives a really warm, neck humbuckerish tone. like that of a les paul almost.
---▲===
Pink Floyd
Three singles for me. I don't really need the humbuckers' tone right now. And if someday I do, I'll get a LP

- Neck: leads and some clean stuff
- Neck + Middle: blues and clean
- Middle: some ryhtm and clean stuff, but usually when I want more drive
- Middle + Bridge: some clean and funky rythm and solos
- Bridge: more funky rythm

But most of the time I use the neck, neck+middle and middle+bridge positions.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Use them all but I probally use the out of phase position betwen the middle and neck for the rhythym playing the most.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
The American deluxe strats have the S1 that puts em in series right? Does any1 have one of those, I'm really wondering if those get a humbucker tone considering humbuckers are wired in series as well.
---▲===
Pink Floyd