i have a epi les pauls custom bob marley edition, but it came with humbuckers.
so since i recently got a fender strat, im gona put the humuckers in my squer strat (not sure if im gona go HSS or HSH) and get a pair of P90s for a more of a bob sound.

but im not sure how much i should be spending, so any adivce would be helpful

thanks
Last edited by Jono3425 at Apr 7, 2008,
i dunno, i mainly want it to sound good, i dont really want to spend more that about $70, but tone more important than the budget, so if theres some great souning cheaper one that would be great, but if not, whats a good brand/price for some with a quality tone
You already have this posted in gear building and customizing, and I give the same answer. P90s are not direct replacements for humbuckers. You want to look at the regulars, DiMarzio, Seymour Duncan, Gibson. But I really doubt you'll find a SET for under $120, and a decent set would run closer to $200 due to the fact that you need humbucker sized P90s
GFS should be a fair upgrade, if not the best thing in the world. good set of Mean 90s would do it, I think.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
im thinin im gona order the GFS's $70 for a set, and ive heard prett decent reviews....anyone heard anythign differant?
Probably not really an upgrade. The last humbucker replacement p90s I got, phat cats from SD. One pickup was the price of a set from guitar fetish. You get what you pay for. Ive bought stuff from there for hardware not to bad but the tuners were supposed to be just as good as grover and they werent. Just cheap korean ones. You wont be upgrading more side grading. A not so great asian made pickup replaced with another not so great asian made pickup.
Check Harmony Central, man. reviews are quite amazing for the Mean 90s. For the price, it's not a bad deal anyway you look at it.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
You need P95's there humbucker sized.
member #3 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join

Gibson Les Paul Std Trans Amber