Hey guys, im planning on getting a rockman off ebay and i have a question. If you guys don't know what a rockman is, don't worry about posting. Anyway, for those that do know, what is better, a rockman soloist or a rockman x100? Im just looking for something that will get me reasonably close to the Boston tone and I wanna get one of these two devices. Thanks for the help.
Quote by rockadoodle
Hey guys, im planning on getting a rockman off ebay and i have a question. If you guys don't know what a rockman is, don't worry about posting. Anyway, for those that do know, what is better, a rockman soloist or a rockman x100? Im just looking for something that will get me reasonably close to the Boston tone and I wanna get one of these two devices. Thanks for the help.

finaly a question I can actually help with lol

well if you want more variaty look at the X100. if want simple look at the soloist. all the recordings on my profile except for Come and get it are done with my soloist.

but if you want TRUE boston tone look into the rackgear and a EQ and I can definatly get you a Boston tone then

if you have anymore questions just ask

also this is a post of mine out of one of your older threads

If it's the rockman yes it will give you a boston esqe tone but you will have to eq it to get it perfect. but if you want Boston tone go for it. Just make sure you DON"T but a dunlop reissue they SUCK.if your gonna get one get either a Soloist or X100 they are great for starting out on the rockman stuff. if you wanna go all out buy a sustainer or distotion generator.
check this out http://instruments.search.ebay.com/...Z300QQsacatZ619

also Sonixlover

the rockman was ORIGINALY by Tom Scholz yes, But Dumlop (that was not a typo) bought the company in 94.

anything else you wanna know?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Apr 7, 2008,
Hmm ok thanks for the info. Im just looking for something that will get me in the ballpark and get me close to the sound. I don't think you can ever truly match Scholz's tone 100% but i read that with a rockman, you can get it fairly close. So, in general, to get a Boston-esque tone, would i be safe just going with the soloist? What would be a better investment in the long run, x100 or soloist? If i would be able to get more out of the x100, i wouldnt mind going with it but i don't know. That's why im here lol.
the X100 will be better in the long run. if you've read up about them the X100 has alot more to play around with like echo,chorus,two different clean settings and two different disrtion settings also. they will both be great. the newer the better also aslong as its not a dunlop reissue

and when you get it. try this

use your bridge humbucker turn down your volume just a little bit and put your X100 or soloist on the edge circut you have a pretty good Boston tone.
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Ok cool. Thanks alot for the help man. There are two x100's listed on ebay that i can see. There are several soloists listed. Here are the two x100's

(1) x100

(2) x100

Which one would you recommend me to bid on? Obviously the first one appears to be in near flawless condition but bidding is up to $130. It is the most complete rockman i've seen on ebay so far. The other one listed is a bit cheaper but not quite as mint. Which one should i go with, or should i just wait for another one to come up on auction? Thanks again for your help.
the complete one is gonna be worth alot more if you ever sell it ( I doubt that once you try rockman gear you'll always come back.) and its in GREAT condition It's also a newer one than the other one. if you can get this.

the other will be fine but it doesn't come with a power supply or the original headphones which for some reason just sound great with the rockman. this one will be fine if you don't have the dough to get the other.

also

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/rockmanrocks/

Rockman-gearup.com
rockmancentral.com
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Apr 7, 2008,
I used to own the original and have been kicking myself in the butt for getting rid of it. It was awesome. I'm actually looking myself and in my opinion the X100 is better because it has a few more options, thus flexibility. Good luck and enjoy!!!