What's the worst you guys have screwed up when playing live? Mine was when I was playing and my low E string popped off the saddle in the middle of a song.
This really hot girl that I know caught my eye and I definitely f'd up the lyrics pretty bad. Nothing major on the guitar, but messing up the lyrics because of her is a story that I like to tell
When i was doin a smaller local show for my high school my ds-1 died and i didnt have an adapter so i played the rest of the song on the clean channel and it sounded pretty bad lol
Carvin DC127
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
BD-2 Phat Mod
Ts-9 Mod Plus
Crybaby True Bypass
Keeley Compressor
lol my first show just plain sucked... i screamed so bad and like the whole band just kept screwing up... and it was not our crowd so we were freakin out ... i forgot the lyrics completely and was screaming random stuff. lol i was hilarous
CircleTakesTheSquare

Somewhere out there there's a thrill I swear.

ESP LTD MH-400
Fender amp 65w with DSP
LINE 6 UBER METAL
Forgot to roll the volume on my guitar down when I wasn't playing during one portion of a song. I ended up whacking the strings really hard on accident.
This isn't actually me but the last show I played, one of the bands who was going on before us turned up and one of their guitarists didn't have a strap with him...NO STRAP!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
one time we were playing a local gig, and believe it or not the drummer had a seizure due to the lights. we had to stop and call 911. that pretty much sucked.
I've had my share of f'ed up solos and whatnot, but a few that happened to my bandmates are funnier:

One show we were playing a sort of slow, power ballad type song, and I was in the middle of some slow sweeps in my solo, when my rythym guitarist dropped his pick, stopped playing to pick it up, and before he started playing again (while the drummer and I continued the empty sounding solo parts), he got on the mic and was like, "whoops"

Another time we were playing, and as we were about to start one song, our drummer goes, "I don't like this song." The other guitarist and I were like, "oh well what are you gonna do about it now?" and so we started the song. About 45 seconds into the song, our drummer just STOPS PLAYING. The rest of us look at each other like, "wtf are you waiting for?" but he just sat there...we played about half of one more verse then we stopped too and got on the mics and said, "**** that song!!" ...but at that point theres really no way to not look like jackasses anymore. Apparently our drummer thought that we understood that "I dont like it" is the same as "I'm not going to play it."
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
Quote by sasquatch ass
one time we were playing a local gig, and believe it or not the drummer had a seizure due to the lights. we had to stop and call 911. that pretty much sucked.

TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
This isn't actually me but the last show I played, one of the bands who was going on before us turned up and one of their guitarists didn't have a strap with him...NO STRAP!

and

lol my first show just plain sucked... i screamed so bad and like the whole band just kept screwing up... and it was not our crowd so we were freakin out ... i forgot the lyrics completely and was screaming random stuff. lol i was hilarous

BOTH of these things are very Deli Creeps. They dont really have set words, and on one of hte young bucket DVDs, he breaks his strap and finishes the show without it. is there anything bucket cant to?
Quote by emr_steelmech

Another time we were playing, and as we were about to start one song, our drummer goes, "I don't like this song." The other guitarist and I were like, "oh well what are you gonna do about it now?" and so we started the song. About 45 seconds into the song, our drummer just STOPS PLAYING. The rest of us look at each other like, "wtf are you waiting for?" but he just sat there...we played about half of one more verse then we stopped too and got on the mics and said, "**** that song!!" ...but at that point theres really no way to not look like jackasses anymore. Apparently our drummer thought that we understood that "I dont like it" is the same as "I'm not going to play it."

I hope you kicked that primadonna out after that.
I dropped my pick.
Sucked pretty bad as I had to finger pick, which I'd never done before.

EDIT: And, it was during a freakin' solo.
my band covered that Blur song Song2 and being the genious i am, i went to change my settings on the amp and i musta turned on phaser or chorus but by the time we started the song it was to late and i had to play the whole song with chorus and it sounded pretty f'd up, maybe it was ok for a crowd of drunk people though
Quote by emr_steelmech
I've had my share of f'ed up solos and whatnot, but a few that happened to my bandmates are funnier:

One show we were playing a sort of slow, power ballad type song, and I was in the middle of some slow sweeps in my solo, when my rythym guitarist dropped his pick, stopped playing to pick it up, and before he started playing again (while the drummer and I continued the empty sounding solo parts), he got on the mic and was like, "whoops"

You better have fired that drummer.
Gear:

-Guitars-
Esp/LTD JH-200
Ibanez RG2EX2
Yamaha FD01

-Amps-
Marshall MGDFX250 (It was a Gift)
Peavey Vypyr 15 watt

-Effects-
Digitech DF-7
i forgot to use the searchbar>!>!?!?!11

but in reality, i dropped a pick while doing the bass for parallel universe by the chilis and played eigths for the rest of the song, stepped oon a patch cord, have to set my knobs WHILE playing because everyone touched the settings on th amp i was using since i left it on stage and we had an 8 year old that touched everything, wear a rasta hat and jamaica t shirt for black history month performance while playing one love, etc
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
i was camera operator for a show at the front stage, its hooked up to a massive screen above the stage, hundreds of people watching.

i thought the switcher guy changed to another camera so i let the camera down my shoulders to relax but saw the screen still had my shot, then quickly been changed to another camera

hundreds of people saw my fricked up shot
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
i was playing bass and broke the e string and in my panic and confusion, i stepped my buddies patch cord for his guitar :S and then we had to play the rest of the show witht he one bass missing an E string

how the F*** do you break and e string??
breaking strings on a bass in general is pretty crazy.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
Some time last year. Playing in a venue holding somewhere around 350 people.

The show was getting pretty crazy, so I decided to test out a wireless kit by jumping down into the pit. Some random mosher gets her hair caught in the String Tee, and it was nearing the end of my solo. The next part of the song, I had to sing. I was forced to bring the chick up onstage, with her hair still caught in the headstock, and got her to sing along for the next part...

Quite crazy having a random Siamese Twin adopted at a gig. :P
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
The lead guitarist in my old band (i used to play bass) mannaged to forget how to play Blitzkrieg Bop half way through it... was really lame. didnt help that we were playing next to the noosa pool on a 40 degree day, i was in black jeans and a black shirt.

never doing that again
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Quote by roast

The show was getting pretty crazy, so I decided to test out a wireless kit by jumping down into the pit. Some random mosher gets her hair caught in the String Tee, and it was nearing the end of my solo. The next part of the song, I had to sing. I was forced to bring the chick up onstage, with her hair still caught in the headstock, and got her to sing along for the next part...

MAN THATS CRAZY!
My embarrasing moment was probably the first gig i ever had.
It was a school thing y'know and we had no drummer.
We were playing Dread And the Fugitive Mind by Megadeth.
We were playing to lotsa old people and we were the only people using distortion.
But my problem was something funky was goin on with the microphone and whenever i went near it to sing into iti kept gettin an electric shock into my mouth.
And in the middle of singing i kept going F U C K! out real loud......ugh!
Quote by R.D
The lead guitarist in my old band (i used to play bass) mannaged to forget how to play Blitzkrieg Bop half way through it... was really lame. didnt help that we were playing next to the noosa pool on a 40 degree day, i was in black jeans and a black shirt.

never doing that again

How did he manage that? I heard that song once and could immediately play it note for note. Its just an easy, catchy tune hehe. I can see why it's your old band though

Most of my screw ups involve the fact i've recently started doing screams, but then, if i go to a song with higher pitch vocals that still need to be soft... those notes don't come out...
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
A few weeks ago my band was playing at our prom night, I had my guitar but played on borrowed amp. It had a footswitch and a multieffect unit. I didn't want to use those effects until we started playing my favourite song. It has a nice solo which I enjoy playing so I wanted to spice things up and stomped on the pedal. I accidentally pushed some wrong button and my guitar just turned off, the rest of the band continued playing for about two minutes until I found a way to turn it on again. Most of the crowd didn't even notice!
I was covering Aerials by SOAD for my first show, and it was my fourth and last song, so my voice was shot and my guitar was out of tune...and my tuner fcked up.
My band's worse mess up probably came a couple of months ago. We planned an extra solo section for one of brass players before a modulation, and obviously word didn't get out because half the band immediately modulated whilst the other half did what they were supposed to. Worst off, either side assumed the other would correct themselves, so it continued for about ten seconds.

Cringe-worthy. And we even have it on tape.
busy looking at half naked girl and forgot the words..

forgot to turn on or plug in my guitar loads of times

tuned up with the harmoniser on and didnt realise(really nasty)

got wasted on red wine and dropped my guitar whilst playing awfully

played the wrong song

played in the wrong key
Let's see. Either throwing water on the lead singer because he was being an ass and insulted me on stage, or when I had a few too many and got turned around on a cover of Walk Like an Egyptian...which has like 3 chords total the way we played it. Wouldn't have been so bad if it weren't such a cakewalk song that we did just to rile the crowd up, but it got recorded and everything, and when we listened to it I was horrified. I mean, I was all over the place. I was playing all the right chords at all the wrong times.
Well it was not even a gig imo Me and 2 friends of mine, decided to throw something cool at a party. We were all drunk like idiots, the 20 people crowd we're also And we started kinda normal, wow. Played Dread And The Fugitive Mind, i couldn't even notice when it ended. Went trough Breaking The Law and while singing Return To Hangar i see the crowd laughing! I saw Rol puked over his bass... I was like "WTF?! OMG!" Finished the song and went out of stage During the songs a damn cat would not stop bugging me and rubbing in my legs. Dropped pick once, screwed the "Breaking The Law" intro It was kinda total disaster, but was one of the funniest things in my life! Cheerz!
Quote by oxJDxo
When i was doin a smaller local show for my high school my ds-1 died and i didnt have an adapter so i played the rest of the song on the clean channel and it sounded pretty bad lol

lol, mine tends to run out within 2 weeks when the level is on full
I knocked over my music stand. Thats right, I used a music stand. Once. Some people laughed but it was mostly my friends/people I knew in the crowd, so it wasn't too bad.

Another time, I had to play a solo completely on clean because I forgot my pedal at home. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a distortion *****, but this solo needed it and it's how I practiced it.
Quote by roast

EPIC
Well never any official gigs but plenty of "playing to crowds" **** ups.

Everytime me and my friends are jamming at school (and we have a crowd) there WILL be at least one **** up. Usually from the Drummer but sometimes from the bassist (more often than not on the solo section of "Paranoid", we all take a solo (mine's always improvised, the drummers is just a quick. . . well **** drum roll-esque thing and the bassists is a slap thing) and on the bassist's she hands her pick to me and I hold it out for her to jump back into the verse, and this always goes wrong.

Though whenever I make a **** up (lucky it's rare) it's a bad one. Like just staring into space and forgetting which part we're on.
I've only played one live set, and I only screwed up once, and it was nothing major. I just went from the 1st to the 3rd part of my solo for a second, so I ended up doing a double- stop pretty high up on the fretboard, realized I was going to the wrong part, and slipped into the part I was supposed ot be doing.

My drummer ended 2 bars early on the next song, though, it was much more noticeable than what I did.
ive played about 75 shows in my short life lol and ive messed up at about 15 of them hahah
usually it involves hitting my guitar headstock on something (usually an amp, band member, stage lights, walls)

but a few weeks ago my band played at the living room in rhode island and i was throwin my guitar around and the strap snapped off and my guitar flew and hit the ground (now theres scratches aaaaaaaaaaaaaaalll over the back) and i hadta run over and pick it up and continue
but we played a good set regardless
The backing track was drowning out my instrumental and it was a huge audience... I did pull it off but everyone afterwards were like "Dude WTF happened man?" and I had to make some lame excuse about cable messing up.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL