Well im off to UMASS Dartmouth next year for engineering!

That being said I dont think im gonna be able to bring my amp with me due to size, volume and such.

So what do you recommend? A headphone jack is a must though (i play late at night a lot)

Spider Jam or GDEC maybe?
Line 6 Flextone?
Roland Cube?
I'm not sure of the question, but yeah a pair of headphones would totally work.
Quote by meganh37
I'm not sure of the question, but yeah a pair of headphones would totally work.

He's asking about amps with headphone jacks.

I think a cube's a good choice, especially if you're into metal. If there's not much of a possibility of you jamming with other musicians, you might want to look into a POD, and just plugging your headphones into that.
The Blackheart 1 watt tube amp thats coming out maybe. What do you play? Personally I'm probably just going to get a nice acoustic and take that.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
dude im one of at least a dozen guys I know on campus that have halfstacks in our dorms

but if you're looking for a little practice amp, I'd say roland micro cube $125. Great sound and you shouldn't bother anyone too bad.
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
Get a POD. You can plug into your computer. listen through your speakers. and with the POD it has all the amps and effects you would ever need to make all the tones you would want.
yay for nova scotia...
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
ah well i forgot to give you more of my background info:
I play mainly 80's hair metal fused with funk along with some blues
I play an Ibanez s470dxqm right now through a crate VTX200s
I almost definately will be jamming with musicians there so i need something with a decent sound but preferably also with a headphone jack.
And I have tried a blackheart before and i looooved it, but im kinda hesitant due to no headphone jack and noise levels in the dorms
Get a computer interface, something like a Line 6 Toneport.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Get a computer interface, something like a Line 6 Toneport.

but like i said im going to hopefully jamming with other musicians there...
For 80's metal, I'd go Cube 15 or 20. The metal stack setting is absolutely perfect for what you're looking for.
Quote by Pinto111
but like i said im going to hopefully jamming with other musicians there...

You could grab something like a Microcube or a DA5, but pretty much all the jamming I've done at college was on the acoustic.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
for college im getting a 2x12 for my rack rig and the preamp I already have has a headphone out so I can practice in silence and have lots of volume when I need it.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
For your situation, I'd recommend a Cube. Should fit your needs perfectly for the most part.

for engineering!

Good choice!
Inspiring words from Gutch220...

I suggest getting a Flextone. its pasically a Pod XT with speakers, sounds great and get get nice and loud if need be. It can be very quite when you need it to aswell.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
you will probably lose interest in guitar while in college and end up quitting

Sad... but true. (at least for me)

I know I only play a ~few times a year now... between classes, homework, studying, my girlfriend, my fraternity, and all those other things in life... I know I just don't have the time to play anymore. Sure, I like playing, and I really want to get back into it... but since I've started college, I can count maybe only a few dozen times I've played (in years).... versus when I use to play for hours every single day back in high school.

To be perfectly honest... you may want to wait about buying an amp until you actually get to college. For all you know, you may get wound up in college life and never find the time for it. Just a thought.