Poll: Do you believe in aliens?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you believe in aliens?
Yes
266 90%
No
28 10%
Voters: 294.
Page 1 of 3
Do you believe in aliens or not? Personally I do. With the billions of stars and planets, there's got to be more life out there.
To atone a sin I didn't care for, but a sin that paid my debts
A sin that fed my children and burned my smiles and cigarettes
yes, theres more than enough planets out there.
I have no opinion on this matter.
yes, for the same reasons you stated

the idea that we are the only living organisms in the universe is simply absurd
Yes, not the pop culture "alien", but other life.. don't see why not.. the universe is ****ing huuuuuuuuuuuge
well, that's open to spectulation. i agree with the theory that there are aliens somewhere, i however don't believe in UFOs, or the fact that any have actually visited Earth.
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
Nah. The chances of life spontaneously generating even once are astronomical. For it to happen twice would defy all logic and reason.
Despite... you know... billions of galaxies.

What annoys me is when people assume that there would need to be water and oxygen to sustain life somewhere, that's just retarded. Something that lived on another planet in another galaxy wouldn't be adapted to live on Earth.
Might not even have a physical body etc.
Metal Head

One Day, We'll All Go Into The Water.
Go, Into The Water, Live There, Die There.

Gear
Squier Stratocaster
Jackson Pro Series Kelly
Jackson Dinky Sustaniac
Roland Cube 60
Peavey Triple XXX Stack
Quote by CowboyUp
Nah. The chances of life spontaneously generating even once are astronomical. For it to happen twice would defy all logic and reason.

not necessarily... the universe is expanding, with BILLIONS of galaxies.. you have any idea as to how many planetary solar systems there might be in just ONE galaxy? it's probably rare that life occurs, but it's illogical to think of it impossible, imo
thrash till death
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. sig this if you like bagels.
WE can't say there arent, but its not something to BELIEVE in, its just something that we dont know. Do you BELIEVE in the cause of autism? No, you just dont know.
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
Quote by TOcheesehead
well, that's open to spectulation. i agree with the theory that there are aliens somewhere, i however don't believe in UFOs, or the fact that any have actually visited Earth.

Agreed.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
yeah but it is extremely unlikely that we have, or ever will be visited by them
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Quote by Ryan Nias

What annoys me is when people assume that there would need to be water and oxygen to sustain life somewhere, that's just retarded. Something that lived on another planet in another galaxy wouldn't be adapted to live on Earth.

Yeah, I read in my biology book once that it's possible to have silicon based DNA, and instead of water you could use ammonia. There's probably organisms that don't use DNA or even proteins.
To atone a sin I didn't care for, but a sin that paid my debts
A sin that fed my children and burned my smiles and cigarettes
Quote by Ryan Nias

Agreed. That annoys me no end. "No where else is able to sustain life!!" No, nowhere else is able to sustain HUMAN life.

It's an oversimplified way of looking at it, but fish have to live in water, and we have to live on land. It's the same concept that an alien would have to live... on whatever other planets have.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Besides, if something happens once it's definitely going to happen again.
Metal Head

Gear
Squier Stratocaster
Jackson Pro Series Kelly
Jackson Dinky Sustaniac
Roland Cube 60
Peavey Triple XXX Stack
Quote by Doppelgänger

+1

Of course there are aliens. The universe is never ending... it's impossible for there not to be. There are probably over a million planets with life. Actually probably infinity. The universe NEVER ends... NEVER. If life occurs on Earth that means it's possible on other planets. Maybe life that doesn't depend on oxygen or anything like we could imagine but there has to be life. Grasping the concept of a never ending universe is hard but since there are infinite chances for life that means there are infinite planets with life even if it takes zillions of light year of square space it has to be out there... If someone proves me wrong I'm gonna be pissed.
Hehe, I love it when Aliens or beings fro mother dimensions speak English... Because with language differing so much even between countries somehow the larger the gap the closer the language...
Metal Head

Gear
Squier Stratocaster
Jackson Pro Series Kelly
Jackson Dinky Sustaniac
Roland Cube 60
Peavey Triple XXX Stack
Quote by CowboyUp
if something happens once, logic says it can happen again.

that said, im not too sure about the form the life is taking. and i doubt UFOs.
I have no opinion on this matter.
There may be (or have been) life elsewhere, the problem is that it's environment may not have been stable enough to sustain it.
What makes you think our environment is stable?
Metal Head

Gear
Squier Stratocaster
Jackson Pro Series Kelly
Jackson Dinky Sustaniac
Roland Cube 60
Peavey Triple XXX Stack
Quote by Seef
+1

Of course there are aliens. The universe is never ending... it's impossible for there not to be. There are probably over a million planets with life. Actually probably infinity. The universe NEVER ends... NEVER. If life occurs on Earth that means it's possible on other planets. Maybe life that doesn't depend on oxygen or anything like we could imagine but there has to be life. Grasping the concept of a never ending universe is hard but since there are infinite chances for life that means there are infinite planets with life even if it takes zillions of light year of square space it has to be out there... If someone proves me wrong I'm gonna be pissed.

prove that please. I believe the theory that proposes the idea that the universe is expanding also proposes the idea that it will eventually collapse.. is that part of the Big Bang theory? I forget..
thrash till death
Quote by Zugunruhe
if something happens once, logic says it can happen again.

that said, im not too sure about the form the life is taking. and i doubt UFOs.

I bet there's some way civilized aliens who have UFOs. Wouldn't our space shuttles be considered UFO's in a way? What if we did happen to find a planet with life. If they're intelligent they will be freaked out as ****!
Quote by Ryan Nias
What makes you think our environment is stable?

The temperature doesn't fluctuate too much, there's air everywhere, there's water in many places, there's a constant supply of sunlight, there's decent air pressure, there's solid ground... there are a lot of things we take for granted.

Life might have started on another planet but whoops! It was just destroyed by volcanic activity.
Yes i do.

I want there to be a movie where WE find a planet and WE kick alien ass!
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.
According to alot of people the temperature IS fluctuating. :P
Metal Head

Gear
Squier Stratocaster
Jackson Pro Series Kelly
Jackson Dinky Sustaniac
Roland Cube 60
Peavey Triple XXX Stack
Quote by Timothym
The temperature doesn't fluctuate too much, there's air everywhere, there's water in many places, there's a constant supply of sunlight, there's decent air pressure, there's solid ground... there are a lot of things we take for granted.-

which we are also destroying, according to the everyday environmentalist....
thrash till death
Furthermore, if you look at the Earth in terms of the age of the universe then we are basically a blip. It's like a popping bubble in a glass of coke. It might seem stable and fine to us but to the universe we've just swollen, floated to the top and exploded.
Metal Head

Gear
Squier Stratocaster
Jackson Pro Series Kelly
Jackson Dinky Sustaniac
Roland Cube 60
Peavey Triple XXX Stack
Quote by Rad_Sauce, yo
prove that please. I believe the theory that proposes the idea that the universe is expanding also proposes the idea that it will eventually collapse.. is that part of the Big Bang theory? I forget..

I don't know if this is proof but this is how I picture space and if it ends or not. I would picture it like a room. Rooms have walls and even if you can't see what's beyond then there is something there and there always will be. I can't really grasp the idea of an ending space.

I just thought of something weird though. What if you flew through space straight from earth. What if somehow you could go far enough that you would end back at earth? Kind of like if you walked around the world you would eventually get to the spot you originally started at. Well not really like that... but kinda.
Well aliens exist that is for sure. They are not the weird squid monsters from "Independence day", but they do exist. Aliens might be 100000 times smaller than us, or a hundred times bigger. They might be germs or huge monsters. There are thousands of billions of galaxies and stars and planets out there, there has to be another life form.
Quote by Rad_Sauce, yo
which we are also destroying, according to the everyday environmentalist....

All humans can really do is pollute. We can't actually change what is on the earth, just their chemical properties. For instance, notwithstanding scientific nuclear testing, there will always be the same number of H2O molecules (on a large scale) on Earth. We can destroy the environment but we can also restore it (but that won't happen until 98% of humans are dead).
Just something else which i think is really cool:

http://www.co-intelligence.org/newsletter/comparisons.html

Which is a comparison type thingy about the size of earth.. Totally blew my mind when i first saw it.

Everything is so massive, it's crazy to think our little speck is the only place with life.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
I think you DO need water to sustain complex lifeforms. Water is the solvent that mixes all the chemicals from "stardusts" and create amino acid with sugar compounds and such. Water also provides heat from friction and evaporation for the organisms. Silicon lifeforms are really far stretched considering that it's completely unstable, unlike carbon-based organisms.

I'm no scientist by any means.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
Quote by Seef
I don't know if this is proof but this is how I picture space and if it ends or not. I would picture it like a room. Rooms have walls and even if you can't see what's beyond then there is something there and there always will be. I can't really grasp the idea of an ending space.

I just thought of something weird though. What if you flew through space straight from earth. What if somehow you could go far enough that you would end back at earth? Kind of like if you walked around the world you would eventually get to the spot you originally started at. Well not really like that... but kinda.

while this is an interesting theory, it is not proof.

but I do like this idea.. like if you fall through a hole you might somehow end up on the ceiling..

Quote by Timothym
All humans can really do is pollute. We can't actually change what is on the earth, just their chemical properties. For instance, notwithstanding scientific nuclear testing, there will always be the same number of H2O molecules (on a large scale) on Earth. We can destroy the environment but we can also restore it (but that won't happen until 98% of humans are dead).

indeed
thrash till death
Water is the solvent that mixes all the chemicals *that we know about*
There's nothing to say there aren't a billion different chemicals and elements or more in other galaxies, suggesting its all the same **** is absurd.
Metal Head

Gear
Squier Stratocaster
Jackson Pro Series Kelly
Jackson Dinky Sustaniac
Roland Cube 60
Peavey Triple XXX Stack
Page 1 of 3