Hey, guys. Okay, so, long story short, I used to play bass, and now I play guitar, but I don't own my own guitar. Whenever I play guitar, I use my brother's, but I getting sick of that, and I want to have my own. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of a cheap-ish but good full set. At least I want a good guitar and amp combo. I would perfer a tube amp, because I hear that they work better for the high frets, if nothing else. I'm in high school and I'm poor (and I know musical equipment doesn't come cheap) so I want to keep it below $800. I play a lot of metal and punk, so I want good distortion and a decent clean channel. Please keep the guitar lingo simple because otherwise I will have no idea what you're talking about. Thanks!!! :stickpoke
Hey Dont know if you have a guitar center near you but if you run in there they usually have really nice people who know what they are talking about and they will hook you up and even for less than 800 dollars which i thought was really amazing because ive only had good experiences

yeah so if that helps any sorry if it doesnt
Quote by cody 0893
Hey Dont know if you have a guitar center near you but if you run in there they usually have really nice people who know what they are talking about and they will hook you up and even for less than 800 dollars which i thought was really amazing because ive only had good experiences

yeah so if that helps any sorry if it doesnt

There's one a couple towns over, which is probably about an hour and a half away, so I can get a ride and hang there for a while. Which is a yes, thanks.
Quote by DeathEater
Try Squier By Fender They Offer Really Cheap Amp And Guitar Pack

Yeah, but thats what my brother has. Though you'd expect that if I modded it that I would probably work out nice. Plus that would keep me under my nonexistent budget.
For a guitar, I would go for a Made In Mexico Fender Strat, or an Epiphone Les Paul Custom.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by DeathEater
Try Squier By Fender They Offer Really Cheap Amp And Guitar Pack

FAIL

If you have 800 to spend, get a Peavey VK or Randall RG50TC and a MiM strat.
Quote by FLCLcowdude
For a guitar, I would go for a Made In Mexico Fender Strat, or an Epiphone Les Paul Custom.

Yeah, those are most likely the best choices. Lots of successful artists play Epiphones, and Mexican Strats are significantly higher quality than Squiers.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS