i usually dont listen to metal(i like classick rock) but im trying to play some different stuff. i was wondering how to get the kinda high squeky sound like zakk wylde gets?
do ineed effects wich one and what about amp setting?
High gain and treble. It's called a pinch harmonic or artificial harmonic. You need to pick the note and have your thumb catch the string right after you pick it. Takes practice but once you got it down, it's a sweet technique. Not exactly sure of amp settings/effects.

EDIT: And I believe using the bridge pickup is best.
youtube search pinch harmonics
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
bridge pickup, and theres a few good lessons out there. Its called a artificial harmonic also called a pinch harmonic