http://www.celemony.com/cms/index.php?id=dna

It was already in the pit, but I figured it could go somewhere useful.
In my opinion it is going to make regular musicians pretty much obsolete. If you don't understand watch the video.

I''m out though, got hw to do. Just thought I'd show the educated portion of UG.
Gear: Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (plus top)
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
It is an amazing product. I wanna play with it...
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
You have to create music and notes before you can edit them. Keep in mind that the phonograph was supposed to put orchestras out of work
wow.....

It isn't ever gonna replace alive gig though. a good recording tool though
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Roc8995
You have to create music and notes before you can edit them. Keep in mind that the phonograph was supposed to put orchestras out of work

The idea though is you can play one chord, and create a song out of it by replacing notes and rhythms. The only music you have to record is the strumming of one chord, or someone playing an awfully out of tune and out of time solo, which can be fixed easily.

And don't roll your eyes at me.
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
DUDE this si supposed to help the musician....Writing music is still needed. the only thing is that this program makes it so much easier to rewrite after the original take. No more 500000000 takes
Wow! Coincidentally, I was just thinking about digitally recording my sounds. That's quite amazing. I wonder if it requires individual string pickups, like midi pickups or something...?
I don't see it as a threat but the technology is amazing.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by Nocomment
The idea though is you can play one chord, and create a song out of it by replacing notes and rhythms. The only music you have to record is the strumming of one chord, or someone playing an awfully out of tune and out of time solo, which can be fixed easily.

And don't roll your eyes at me.

My idea was that somebody still needs to create the music, and I'm not really worried about musicians dying out because of a new tool being created.
I wasn't rolling my eyes at you, I was rolling my eyes at the notion that musicians are in jeopardy, since this same idea gets thrown around every time it becomes easier to make music (which I think is great, btw).
Musicians die out because of MTV
not becuase of amazing technology... I think this thing is preety cool looking.
Quote by Roc8995
My idea was that somebody still needs to create the music, and I'm not really worried about musicians dying out because of a new tool being created.
I wasn't rolling my eyes at you, I was rolling my eyes at the notion that musicians are in jeopardy, since this same idea gets thrown around every time it becomes easier to make music (which I think is great, btw).

I definitely see your point, but it could definitely reduce the need for accurate clean playing studio guitarists. But you're right, someone has to compose the music, be it digitally or regularly.

And I only used that title cause I had nothing else to come up with, lol.
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
That's pretty cool. It'll make producers jobs a lot easier.
Quote by Vermintide
In Soviet Russia, bar searches YOU!!!

Quote by Nocomment
http://www.celemony.com/cms/index.php?id=dna

It was already in the pit, but I figured it could go somewhere useful.
In my opinion it is going to make regular musicians pretty much obsolete. If you don't understand watch the video.

I''m out though, got hw to do. Just thought I'd show the educated portion of UG.

great product tho.. i will be getting that.
Last edited by SteaminGeezer at Apr 8, 2008,
how many thousands of dollars? That is one hell of a cool looking piece of software.

I have just one problem... that man doesn't look like the type to develop sound software....
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
Quote by Nocomment
I definitely see your point, but it could definitely reduce the need for accurate clean playing studio guitarists.

Will it though? Would a $100 per hour studio editor or producer really want to put up with a crap player just because they can fix it eventually? Sure, we've seen auto-tuning allow bad singers to put out albums, but as a consumer it's pretty easy to ignore them.
For now, it's probably too expensive for most people, and I'm guessing it will mostly just be used for tinkering and perfecting speed bumps in already good performances.
Good guitarists are a dime a dozen, honestly. Simple economics will keep them employed.
Thanks for the link though, technology boggles my mind sometimes.
You might be able to record anything and make a whole song out of it but I don't think anything will replace the sounds that a human being can produce; there are nuances to actual playing that no computer can reproduce.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I'm sure it'd be useful for producers, but it's still not going to replace musicians. When Pro Tools was released a lot of people were worried about the outcome. It's a great tool, but all producers have their session players to count on. I'd take a competent player over a piece of software any day, and I'm sure many producers have that same line of thinking.